Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy Symptoms 101 - Could you be pregnant?

Posted by   + Show Post

Thanks for joining us in the Pregnancy Group!
Think you might be pregnant? Tell us your symptoms!

Pregnancy symptoms differ from woman to woman and from pregnancy to pregnancy. Here are some of the most common early pregnancy symptoms:

• Delayed or missed menstrual cycle
  • Cramping or spotting
  • Swollen / tender breasts
  • Fatigue / tiredness
  • Nausea / morning sickness
  • Backaches
  • Headaches
  • Frequent urination
  • Food cravings or food aversions

If you think you may be pregnant, it is important to take a pregnancy test so that you know for sure!

For more info:

Please share your pregnancy symptoms in the replies below!

by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Replies (61-70):
odessie
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I had my period last month a full seven days yet I came up positive on the test within a month pretty much. I guess it depends. I might have been imregnated and had a period too...since I am having symptoms so early. always just take a test to ease your worries I have been taking tests about once a month for the past few months and this one came up positive. I ave never had a false positive. 

Quoting mommykirkof1:

I want to know how soon it is possible to star having early prego symptom and how do you tell the difference between that and menstrual symptoms. i have a six year old but i didnt find out i was prego until i was 21 weeks along

Kriztiibee
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:59 AM
This is my first pregnancy' and b4 I knew I was pregnant I felt bad cramps as if I was Gona get my period' well I missed one month' and had a strong sense of smell (very strong) throwin up a lot to bad smells' and boobs is a big sign' I had a boob job n a week' Lols kidding...my boobs look bigger and hurt like crazy tender'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss_bethany
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I have been having a few of these symptoms (tender breasts- especially nipples, queeziness, headaches, cramping on and off especially when I lay down, fatique).  I thought I was about to start my period when I realized that  I was 10 days late!! So the next morning (today) I took a test and it came out negative.  Are these still pregnancy symptoms??

SHEILA28
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:59 PM

MY SIMPTHUMS CAN I BE?SORE BOOBS SOMETIMES,HEADACHS,BLOATING,SOME CRAVEINGS,NASEYA,MOOD SPELLS BAD,LIGHT CRAMPS,BACK ACH,SICK TO STOMIC ALL DAY,TIRRED,PEE ALL THE TIME,SOME WHAT AN APETTIGHT,IV TOOK TEST ALL A NO,IM GOING ON 2 MONTHS TO MARROW,SOME LIGHT VERY BLEEDING TWO WEEKS AGO..

baby82012
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

tummy feel weird 

i want to throw up and head hurts sometimes sleepy

jennalking1992
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Hey everybody.

My name is Jenna and im 19 years old, and have been on the depo shot since i was 15. i never had a period accept maybe one a year while i was on it. then recently this past september (of 2011) i switched to the implanon implant. i still didnt have periods for several months while i was on it. then in december i had a 2 week long period. then several months passed before i had another one. then in februaury i had another short light period. then i had 3 periods in the month of april, with only a few days between each one. 

I have already had all the symptoms of pregnancy because of my implanon. but the reason i am suddenly trying to find out if i may be pregnant, is because two nights ago (May 1, around 1am) i felt what seemed like fetal movement in my lower abdomen. i heard many women say it feels like a goldfish swimming around, or like butterflies, and i have even heard some say it feels like gas bubbles, but without ever expelling gas. well it felt like gas bubbles to me. when it first started happening i didnt really think much of it because gas is perfectly normal and natural. but then after it carried on for ten minutes, and i didnt expel gas, i thought it seemed a little out of place. it carried on for at least a half hour to an hour before i finally fell asleep. i have also noticed myself getting a LOT moodier and having extreme food cravings. last week, i let my aunt and uncle borrow my car for the night so i was stuck at home without my car, and suddenly i started craving krispy kreme doughnuts. (i have NEVER been one to like sweets that much, especially not something covered in a sugar glaze like doughnuts) so i kept trying to text my mother and call her to come get me so i could get some doughnuts. and get this, i was so emotional about it that i laid in bed and cried because i was so mad and upset that my mom wouldnt answer her phone, and because i couldnt have any doughnuts. later that night i finally got a box of 6, and i immediately ate 4 of them. very unusual for me, a person who ALWAYS scrapes the icing off of birthday cake! 

I'm sorry all of that was so much to read, but basically the reason i am posting all of this is because i am wondering if i am pregnant or not. or if its possible that i am. i took 2 pregnancy tests last week and both were negative. which doesnt make much sense because if i am feeling fetal movement like i think i am, then i am anywhere from 12 to 16 weeks, therefore i should be getting a positive pregnancy test. but i just wonder if the fact that i have my implanon in my arm is making me get a false negative. and i am still not 100% sure i am really feeling fetal movement, but it certainly feels like something is in there, and my abdomen has gotten a little larger. its not extremely noticable because i already had a little bit of a tummy through high school anyways. but instead of it just looking like i have a belly, now it feels solid and its feeling like there is a baby in my belly. can anyone please just help me? 

It wouldnt be the end of the world if i am pregnant, i was considering going to college, but even in the past few weeks something has been making me want to change my mind and reconsider. maybe its God trying to give me a sign that i have something else on the way. i dont really know. but i know i would be thrilled to start a family. i know that now is not the best time since im so young, and my boyfriend has huge plans for getting a masters degree in network security, and i would not want to stand in the way of his dreams because i love him, i want him to be happy no matter what. but if i am pregnant, then this is just how it is. we werent safe, even though i am on birth control. and i think if i got pregnant even while im on birth control, then thats what God wants for me right now. thats what God wants me to have in my life. and i would love to have a little boy or a little girl. 

So can anyone please just try to help me out. im considering going to get an ultrasound, but my doctor may be VERY reluctant to, so id just like a little advice before i go to a doctor for an ultrasound. Please.

Thank you

Jenna

P.S. i guess i should mention my symptoms.

Nausea (up til the past 2 weeks), headache, dizziness, lower back ache, cravings, movement in abdomen, sore breasts (2 months ago), tender nipples, darkening in areola, fatigue, emotional.

Please help!

stgrogan11
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM

This is where I'm at right now. AF is due tomorrow. I've always been regular. The symptoms that I've been having this week are some cramping, very tender breasts, fatigue and tiredness, nausea but not vomitting, backaches off and on, headaches (although I am fighting a sinus infection right now), frequent urination, food cravings (anything salty), food aversions (basically any meat or bread). I just took a test tonight, but it was negative. I don't know what to think. We've been trying for 11 months, so hoping we are expecting.

Quick 2nd question... has anyone gone through infirtility workups? If we're not expecting then that's what the GYN said to do next month.

Thank you for reading my long post.

CartersMomma11
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:45 AM
I have all those except my period was early this month.. Lol
BABYLUV704
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:10 AM

IVE BEEN HAVING SORE BREAST I CANT EVEN SLEEP ON THEM WITH OUT THEM FEELING SORE..IVE BEEN EATING ALOT AND WEN I EAT I STILL FEEL LIKE IM STARVING,, ALSO MY STOMACH LOOKS A LIL BIGGER AND IVE BEEN GETTING MILD HEADACHES AND ALSO BEEN VERY TIRED AND LAZY.AND I GET LIGHT HEADED..I DUNNO WAT IT IS IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PREGNANT BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED SO I GAVE UP... BUT I DNT NO IF I CUD BE PREGNANT OR SUMTHING ELSE

helphelp51311
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM

pleaseee.. i neeed help i feel like i might be pregant and im only 15

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)