Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need ideas

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM
  • 12 Replies

I will be 24 weeks pregnant on Tuesday and for the last 3 days i have had horrible heart burn and nothing i do seems to stop it...i have been watching my diet and not eating any acid foods like Orange juice and things like that but with no luck

I have been taking tums with the doctors permission and drinking milk and all that but it does not even relive it  any ideas ladies?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM
I take Prilosec daily! My reflux was very bad no matter what I ate. My midwife gave me a prescription for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lamom2aj
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:17 AM

i had bad heart burn with my son and ended up having to take a precription heartburn med. My doc put me on Zantac and it worked great! ask about a precription med... mine had gotten so bad that I couldn't even drink water without it burning and ended up having to go to the ER bc I was starting to get dehydrated! Hoe something starts working for you!

Heather2001
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Apple cider vinegar is a great natural route to try.  =)

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:39 AM

BUMP!

lovefromwithin
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:14 AM

BUMP!

pacificamom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I'm on Pepcid around the clock. I didnt know Prilosec was safe?!

Quoting KaRaBaSsEtT:

I take Prilosec daily! My reflux was very bad no matter what I ate. My midwife gave me a prescription for it.

Pregnancy%20ticker

eneed1566
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM
You can take Prevacid. I had a GI bleed and my dr put me on Nexium as all drs in the hospital told me I couldn't take Prilosec. Also, Dexilant is safe. Prevacid is the only one you can buy OTC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples04
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Peppermint helped me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I just asked my doc about this bc its starting for.me as well, she said as many tums as i want and zantac is fine as well, twice a day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM
My midwife says its fine. I tried the zantac first but it didn't work so we switched. I was not allowed to take it in the first trimester though and that was rough lol

Quoting pacificamom:

I'm on Pepcid around the clock. I didnt know Prilosec was safe?!

Quoting KaRaBaSsEtT:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)