Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxious about baby's arrival!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am 34 weeks pregnant and since the last few weeks, I have been very anxious. Basically totally freaked out that I wont know what to do when the baby arrives, that I wont be a good mom etc. I just cant seem to get over this overhwhelming anxiety.....and mind you, this baby has been all I have wanted for the past  few years...surprisingly I am not all that nervous about the labor. I feel i can handle it. Just that I wont be a good mom!!

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BiPolarMomto3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Don't worry momma... Labor will be tough yes, but everything else is a piece of cake! You will fall in love the moment you lie eyes on him/her...... The rest, will fall into place.

O1j9a1n9n8a6t
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM
^^^ same thing I said to another momma. Use your instincts. That's why we were made specially for gift of bringing life into this world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Is there anything specifically that you are afraid you won't do well at? 

gacgbaker
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:23 AM

We all get anxious like that, but just know that you will do the best you can, and that is all that you need to do!  Do you have any books that you can read to help?  I know sometimes if I have someone elses perspective I can read and think over, it helps to calm my nerves about what is to come.  Someone once told me they come so little so you can grow and learn together, and that's so true!

KristiDLee23
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:26 AM
What she said!
You will do great!

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

Don't worry momma... Labor will be tough yes, but everything else is a piece of cake! You will fall in love the moment you lie eyes on him/her...... The rest, will fall into place.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Josslynsmommy
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:28 AM

If you worry that you won't be a good mom, chances are you will be. "Bad" moms don't worry about that sort of thing.. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)