Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heard the babies heart beating for the first time and...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:47 AM
  • 5 Replies

I don't want this to sound bad but when I heard my babies heart beat for the first time yesterday the only thing going through my mind was to ask the doctor " does it sound healthy?". My fiance smiled like he had gone mad and almost cried at the doctors and his mother when we showed her the recording did cry! A lot of mom's I know will get very emotional the first time they hear their babies heart beat but I didn't. I was just happy it sounded healthy. I love listening to the recording over and over again. But no over emotional response. I feel like there is something wrong with me. :( Have any of you experienced this???

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JasonsMom2007
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM
I cried tears of joy because dd had a heartbeat. Nothing wrong at all. I think that as the mom we have more of a connection with our babies while to the dad they are just an idea and not real until that moment
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2wa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM
I didn't cry when I heard any of mine..it was more of a calming peace to know that they were healthy..I don't think there is anything wrong with you..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:38 AM

There isn't anything wrong with you! I was the same way. I never cried at any of my ultrasounds, hearing the heart beat, or even when my babies were born. I was VERY happy and enjoyed the experiences. But I'm just not an emotional person like that. 

lovefromwithin
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:16 AM

There is nothing wrong with you. It's just reassuring that the baby has a healthy heartbeat.

jodyann2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Sounds like you had emotion... you kept listening over and over to the healthy heart beat. Thats how i would have been.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)