Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First baby, help!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM
  • 11 Replies
This Is my first baby and I don't know what to do I would appreciate any help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM

congratulations

It's great to get a few books, join a moms group, go to classes...
When are you due, do you have help,  and what are you doing to prepare?

BiPolarMomto3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Congrats momma! When are you due ? 

FourSpAcesLeFt
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

Congrats momma! When are you due ? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarmenAnnie
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM
I'm due on my birthday July 14 it me and my husband and I'm reading everything I can get my hands on we haven't really prepared if I'm being honest­čśö

Quoting doulala:

congratulations

It's great to get a few books, join a moms group, go to classes...
When are you due, do you have help,  and what are you doing to prepare?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
O1j9a1n9n8a6t
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Follow your instinct. Your baby will tell you what he/she needs and your quickly be able to decipher the cries. I was 19 and i figured it out :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

You still have a lot of time to get ready. Do you have any specific questions? 

lizzie_8690
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Aww congrats!! Trust me ur motherly instincts will kick right in! But I know how u feel I'm a first time mom too and its hard at times but you will start to get the hang of it eventually. If u ever need help u can pm me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarmenAnnie
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM
I have a million questions. Is it normal for me to be tired all the time? And I'm kinda in a hard money time so it be nice to get a discount does anyone know any good places? And I'm was very under weight before my pregnancy and aren't gaining much wait and am not sure what to do about that.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Campfield
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Eat healthy balanced meals. They weight should still come. For baby items like cloths try resale shops and garage sales. Baby stuff doesn't get worn too long so most of its new. The essentials are clothes diapers food and a place for baby to sleep. You can breast feed which is free. Cloth diaper which costs more upfront but can save you thousands in the long run.

I found I didn't need or use my changing table highchair (at least not till you introduce solids around six months or later) bouncer

I loved swaddle blankets and the pajamas that were like a pillow case around the feet instead of pant legs. Made midnight diaper changes a breeze.

You NEED an infant car seat to bring baby home from hospital.

With this baby all I will get is a crib a swing clothes cloth diapers and a set of bottles. (I didn't produce so I'm not counting on it this time) a wrap to wear baby, a double stroller and a carseat. Anything else can wait or ill buy when I need it.

Quoting CarmenAnnie:

I have a million questions. Is it normal for me to be tired all the time? And I'm kinda in a hard money time so it be nice to get a discount does anyone know any good places? And I'm was very under weight before my pregnancy and aren't gaining much wait and am not sure what to do about that.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steamedpuddle30
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:59 AM
For tiredness or nausea you can take b6 vitamin. That normal. Thrift store and yard sales have awesome deals. Craigslist. Depending where you live:)

Quoting CarmenAnnie:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)