Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cloth Diaper HELP!?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM
  • 6 Replies

I know they can be messy, involve more laundry, have a learning curve but ultimately I know it is what is best for me and my baby... so with that, I'm trying to figure out what the heck to do!

I know there are tons of brands, some more 'liked' than others and then there is the old cloth diaper you wrap and pin. I have the old school kind given to me by older family but I have found SUNBABIES which is a bit of an off brand but they have great reviews and their bulk prices are heavenly. The problem? 

I want to do the ONE SIZE FITS ALL and ALL IN ONE Cloth Diaper but there are two sizes?! Doesn't that conflict with One Size Fits All?  I also wanted to pick a good package to have my parents buy me for their 'one big gift' but now I'm wondering if we shouldn't wait until the little guy gets here to figure out what we want.

I want to be prepared best but does that mean waiting till Stellan is here?   HELP?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:32 AM

I have no idea, to be honest. I know some women here can help, but the Natural Birth And Parenting group could help you quite a bit. I'm sure there are some CD groups on CM that could help you out.

From what I know, you shouldnt stock up on one brand. You never know how your baby will do in them. Not all cloth diapers are the same.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:34 AM

I'm pretty sure there is a cloth diapering group. I know absolutely nothing about the subject but they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM

They are not messy at all. It is just like a disposable diaper but you wash it.

My best advice I got and will give. Read up on all the different kinds. They figure out what you would like. Get a couple in that style and try them out. Once you know what you like. Get more in that style.

Join Cuties with Cloth Booties. They have a list of all diapers and there pro's and con's.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I do all in one (aio) and one size too...you said that it means there are two sizes..no.  All in one essentially is a cloth diaper which is just like a disposable..no liner to take out (unless you add one in for night/nap time), but it takes more time drying which isn't always favorable.  The one size fits all essentially has little snaps (different brands have the snaps in different places...or I know of some which elastic is adjusted too. 

I use bottombumpers (which is considered to be an aio, but it has a liner which snaps in and out), and I use bumgenious 3.0 aio which is like a washable disposable..the bumgenious though isn't one size, but the bottombumpers are.  I have some pocket diapers of bumgenius which are one size though.

I hope this makes sense!  I found the cloth diaper channel on you tube to be great help when deciding what worked best for us...oh and I have ordered just one of a few different type of diapers just to see how they worked and if I liked them.  Good luck!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Feel free to PM if you have any questions too!  I'm happy to help.  :)

dlane12152007
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM

i've heard it's best to ultimately find a few brands you'd like to try and purchase a few. just like all disposable brands don't work for every baby (i.e. some fit, some leak etc...) it goes the same way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)