Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I made a decision. And im horrified

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:46 AM
  • 55 Replies
So i told my mom that im planning to keep my baby... Problem is i keep feeling like i shouldnt to not tear this family apart or my relationship with the father. He told me if i keep it he will hate me and that i ruined his life. :( and then i keep thinking about how college will have to be put on hold, my whole life will have to be put on hold! And how my family will look down on me and treat me so much differently. I feel like i will seriously be disowned and used as an example of what not to come out like... And im so scared... Ive never been so scared of anything in my life. I feel like my life will change for the worse... But abortion scares me and makes me feel horrible. It grows every week and for me to just throw it in the trash is so messed up to me! And adoption seems horrible as well to carry for 9 months to just hand it over. I know theres open adoptions but ehhh not for me. Im not even sure my body can carry a baby. Im 4'11 and 80 pounds. Well 83 now due to this pregnancy. Im 6 weeks btw. Im so stressed and scared and dk what to do. I feel abortion will make everyones life easier including mine. But i just know i will become super depressed knowing i killed my own child...
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
O1j9a1n9n8a6t
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Your body can carry a baby fine I'm 4'10'' (back in the day i weighed 90lbs now I am 110) and I have had 4 kids they were small till my last one, he was 8lbs 3oz I had some trouble with him but he was born vaginally....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzie_8690
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:52 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry hun but its your choice not theirs and if they can't deal with that then that's their problem. I wouldn't kill or give up my baby even if the world told me too! A baby is the greatest gifts of all. Stay strong hun believe me your life is not over just bc ur gonna have a baby yes it will be hard at times but you can do it and I'm sure u wont regret it! That's just my opinion! GL hun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
O1j9a1n9n8a6t
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:53 AM
3 moms liked this
And its not the babies fault you and his/her father wasn't more careful....I know it sounds harsh but its facts....

If your having thoughts like this maybe adoption is the best way to go. No child deserves to die.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzie_8690
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM
She is right! I'm 4'11 and was able to deliver a perfectly healthy baby with no Complications!

Quoting O1j9a1n9n8a6t:

Your body can carry a baby fine I'm 4'10'' (back in the day i weighed 90lbs now I am 110) and I have had 4 kids they were small till my last one, he was 8lbs 3oz I had some trouble with him but he was born vaginally....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eykelley
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:02 AM
4 moms liked this
I was 18 when I got pregnant with DS. Everyone was upset about it, no one supported DH and I, and we felt turned away. My grandmother even asked me to abort. I stood my ground. Life did get put on hold, college had to wait, I couldn't go out an party anymore, etc. BUT... that little boy is the light Of my life now. :) he is almost 5 and I cannot imagine a single day w/o him.
I know all too well how u feel, but u have to realize that u made the choice to have sex knowing full well it could lead to pregnancy. U have a life growing inside of u. And as it's mother u are the one responsible for protecting it. My family was against me having my DS, but they are as much in love with my child as I am. :) my grandma regrets having ever asked me to abort. He made me grow up. He made me realize what life was really about.
It will be hard, I promise. But that little life growing inside u, will bring u so much joy. What u do is ur choice. U have to live with it. But, if anything, adopt out. Yep, it'll be hard to give up ur child. But, at least u'll be giving him/her a chance at a good life with someone who has LONGED to adopt. Heck, I remember telling myself that if I got PG outside of wedlock and adopted out... I'd find the nicest gay couple and give them a chance. :) change someones life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes abortion would be the easy way out. But it would be wrong. And you would have to live with it for the rest of your life. Yes having a baby will change your life forever. But don't forget, you will be having a BABY. A person who you will love with all your heart and who will love you back unconditionally and rely on you for their every need. I can guarantee you that most of the people who are looking down on you now will change their minds when that baby is born. And in the end, if they want to be jerks and look down on you, it's their problem not yours. You live your life and do what is best for your child and ignore them. About the Father. You don't need someone like that in your life. If he can't be responsible for his actions, and only cares about his own feelings, what kind of a relationship is that going to be? 

Your body was made to carry a baby. You will be just fine. Small people have babies every day. My Aunt is about your size and she has 5 kids. 3 of them vaginally, the ones that were c-sections weren't due to size at all. 

KristiDLee23
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Your choice. Yes, it will be hard but you can do it if its in your heart to be a good parent and thats what it sounds like you want to do. I had to make this decission 18 yrs ago and i cant imagine life without my son. Funny thing, everyone came around after i put my foot down. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannah21007
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 22years old in college and I have three children! Take online courses at first until you find a suitable sitter :) best of luck honey.. my mom was going to disown me until she seen her beauitful grandbaby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amyangel
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:29 AM
Its up to you to decide what you want to do not anybody elses. i got pregnet at 16 i thought my mom was goin to kill me she was mad but got over it and my dad ssked if i ess goin to have an abortion i was pissed and hung up but he got ver it and was there to hold her and kiss her when she was born. In my opinon if u do decide to not want it adoption is best so many ppl cant have kids. To me babys fad is wrong to say that its his to he should been more careful erong i know sorry but as of u goin to colloge it can be done ull just have to get day vare. Im not sayin it will be easy tho. Good luck on what you do decide. Sorry for type erros still gettin use to phone
albrott
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:34 AM
I had my daughter out of wedlock. Her father has nothing to do.with her. I will be going back to college in the summer. My parents were really upset when I told them I was prego but they were very supportive. They were eager to know the gender. Especially my mom Cus she wanted to know what kind of clothes to make since she does knitting and crocheting. I thought about adoption but glad I didn't because she has brought joy to my life and has made me grow up. I couldn't imagine a single day without her now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)