Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Water breaking in bath tub or shower???

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:49 AM
  • 11 Replies
Has anyone had their water break in the bath or shower with previous children? Was it warm or a cool gush??

I had a gush of water come out in the bath after I was having some Braxton hicks. It was cool but I felt the gush. I don't know of I should go in or not. Never had my water break with my other two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JamieleeB
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:58 AM

That happened to me in the shower with my DD. I take cooler than average showers and the fluid felt hotter to me than the shower water, it was also thicker than water :)

eykelley
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Make sure it was ur water. If u lay down, the baby should slip back just enough for it to happen again. If ur 100% certain that it is ur water, call ur OB. I went in right away when mine broke, but I hear that a lot of Ob still want u to wait for the contractions to start and be 3-5 min apart.

GL momma!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:23 AM

It should be warm or at least body temp. I don't know what would come out and feel cool. Put a pad on and see if you continue to leak. And keep everything out of your vagina.

kblpooh
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:53 AM
Mine broke in shower the first time. It felt warm. If it was your water you are likely to notice it leaking more as you move around. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

My third broke in the birthing tub. It was very warm.

doulala
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Are you still leaking after you get out, consistantly?

I had mine break and then took at least two showers/ day since it wasn't labor and it was hot...     I leaked all over myself a lot, lol.     But no baths for me.

When are you due?

doulala
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Quoting Raeann11:

My third broke in the birthing tub. It was very warm.

I had that happen with one birth, too.    But I couldn't feel the temp, it mixed in with the tub water I guess.

;-)

kelsiey
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM

My water broke when I was laying in bed, but it was really warm, maybe warmer than pee.
If you are concerned, go in or call .

MrsAdorkable
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I had a nurse tell me not to take baths when having braxton hicks, because as you change positions water gets "sucked inside you" and can make you think your water has broken. Which IMO is just ridiculous, when my back hurts I WILL be in the tub.
I imagine your actual "water" breaking would be thicker. There is definitely an odor as well (for most)
It never hurts to call OB (or if it is after hours) a nurse-helpline or er to see what they think. 

pacificamom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:09 PM

mine gushed for hours....has yours continued?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)