• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blood Test?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM
  • 5 Replies

Where can you get one without insurance for a cheap price?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jc7981
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM

We have clinics around us that if you don't have insurance they will take you as a based on income status. You prove your income and they put you on a sliding fee scale. Maybe see if there is anything like that available in your area. Or even a county health department. 

Larsbug
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM

the state will do them for free if you have income qualifications... google your health department and see where they have some clinics, even if they aren't free they are pretty cheap

pacificamom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Quoting jc7981:

We have clinics around us that if you don't have insurance they will take you as a based on income status. You prove your income and they put you on a sliding fee scale. Maybe see if there is anything like that available in your area. Or even a county health department. 

Pregnancy%20ticker

shanmc329
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Contact your lcal planned parenthood, they provide free tests if you are a certain age, and charge if you're a bit older, but I don't believe they are too expensive.

gacgbaker
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:41 AM

I know several areas have resource centers that you can go to for a free pregnancy test, ultrasound, and even counseling and care for you and baby after baby arrives- I'm not sure what area you are in, but there are some great resources out there that won't charge you at all (I know pp charges depending on your demographic- so not sure if they would be free)-- I'd try searching something like Pregnancy Resource Center in your area and see what you come up with.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)