• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Difficulty breathing in 2nd trimester? Anyone? EDIT**

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:23 AM
  • 5 Replies

I called my doctor and went to the ER. They did a ct scan and blood work. Everything came back normal so I am now home. Thank goodness. Now I am just dealing with the fact that I am having trouble breathing.

I am in the beginning of my 2nd trimester and for the last week on and off I have noticed a feeling of shortness of breath mixed with a feeling of having the wind knocked out of me. I do not want to go to the ER because all the hospitals in the area are still really busy after the storms we had this week and my brother-in-law was taken in an ambulance the other day and still had a 9 hour wait to be seen. The people that walked through the door were there for 12 hours and had yet to be seen. It is sunday so I can't just call my docs office. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these symptoms. The last 2 days it almost feels constant and I am really missing breathing normally. Any similar experiences? 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jc7981
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM

bump. Anyone?

vwd_johnson
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Your obgyns should have an on call... You could always call and just talk to the oncall doc and see if they think anything..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jc7981
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM

yeah I was hoping not to have to do that. I know they are going to tell me to go and be seen. That is what they always say. I'm trying to wait for my aunt to get out of church so I can call her. She is an OB RN. I trust her more than an oncall doc that I do not know. 

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Your obgyns should have an on call... You could always call and just talk to the oncall doc and see if they think anything..

Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I had that and it went away and now I only get it if I lay flat on my back for a few mins then I have to go on my side. I would call your Dr office and tell them since it is a constant thing they should have a on call number. 

kelsiey
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:58 AM

it's completely normal. I am 24 weeks and get that feeling occasionally, especially if I walk too fast or for too long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)