Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cramping?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

For the past two days my sides have been cramping a little, accompanied with more lower back pain. Should I be worried? It's the weekend or I'd call my doctor. It almost feels like slight menstrual cramps. It's not too intense and I mostly notice slight sharp pains more when I'm standing up/ walking. I'm hoping it's just my stomach growing and stretching or added pressure from a growing belly. I'm only 27.5 weeks so I'm hoping it's nothing serious. I made it to full-term with my first two (c-sections). Anyone else feel this way? What do you think? Can it wait till tomorrow to call the doctor?

Debi, WAH Mom of 2 and 1 on the Way!
Writer, Usborne Books Consultant, and Treasurer 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Lumda4
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:17 PM
That's how my doc described round ligament pain, but call if youre worried!
ConnersMom03
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Haven't heard of round ligament pain, I'll look that up. It's more constant pain, hasn't really gone away or gotten better or worse. Now I notice it is kinda in my entire lower stomach as well as both sides.

pacificamom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM

sounds like round ligament pain

shanmc329
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:28 PM

It can just be your body adjusting to your baby growing, it can cause back pains and some camp-like pains as well when your uterus starts pushing on some other organs. I happen to have cysts on my ovaries and even at 11 weeks they are causing some pain in my side while my body is adjusting (my doc has me going in for a sono every 4 weeks to monitor my left ovary, if that one doesn't shrink it's going to cause a lot of pain later in pregnancy) but if you have any history of cysts, that could be causing some of the pain in your sides as well. Luckily, cysts are pretty harmless.

ConnersMom03
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Could possibly be cysts, I have had PCOS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ConnersMom03
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Tried to call but they only gave the doctors number for emergencies so guess I'll hold off for now. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ConnersMom03
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I looked up round ligament pain and it sounds like the pain I'm feeling, although it's not brief pain that goes away quickly. Resting today some helped, but I'm going to go to the doctor tomorrow just to be safe. Thanks for your help. :)

lisamariecarlos
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Hi.. When you rest put your legs high up..you will feel better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I had cramping like that with both my pregnancies. And the sharp pains are probably round ligament pains. Doesn't sound like something to be too worried about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)