Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mucas plug

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM
  • 10 Replies
Well I posted Friday about going in the L&D due to bad pains right above my pelvic area come to find out thu were contractions. Well this morning I went to the bathroom and in the toilet was a huge chunk of my Mucas plug and a lot of blood with it. I know it can grow back but I have never lost my Mucas plug and not go into full blown labor that same day. I am 34 weeks and am 4 cm. I have been having contractions since we left the hospital Friday night and was told to keep my appt with my dr tomorrow. I am so worried I don't want another premie. She will be a week and 2 days earlier than what my son was. My contractions are irregular. I guess I just wait it out till I see my doc in the A.M.? Or go into labor whatever happens first? What can I do to help make myself more comfortable till then? I have tried warm bath and everything.

And I'm feeling really off today as well. Not sick, but just am not feeling like myef. Think I'm going to try to lay down and see if I can get some rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Katie44
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Wow ive had that to. I lost a lil mucus plug but not enough. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystalrbp
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM
12 hours later and I lost another HUGE chunk of my Mucas plug.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM
You can lose your plug and replenish it! I did from 18weeks on with Hawk....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:00 AM

You should really go right back to labor and delivery now so they can stop your labor.

gacgbaker
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:57 AM

How are you doing- anything ok?

dlane12152007
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM

i would call your dr, that way if you are in preterm labor they can give you things to try and slow it down, or something to help babies lungs mature if labor can't be stalled. hope everything turns out!

crystalrbp
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:09 AM
I am still contracting. When I was in L&D Friday night they didn't try and stop my contractions and I was having them every 2-6 min. I have a dr appt today and will see what she is going to do, if anything.

Quoting gacgbaker:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystalrbp
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM
I have already had the shots for her lungs. Had them at 30 weeks when they stopped my contractions the first time. But when I was in L&D Friday they wouldn't give me anything to try and stop them and was having them every 2-6 min.

Quoting dlane12152007:

i would call your dr, that way if you are in preterm labor they can give you things to try and slow it down, or something to help babies lungs mature if labor can't be stalled. hope everything turns out!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Quoting crystalrbp:

I am still contracting. When I was in L&D Friday night they didn't try and stop my contractions and I was having them every 2-6 min. I have a dr appt today and will see what she is going to do, if anything.

Quoting gacgbaker:

Hope the appt goes well!  

crystalrbp
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Went to my dr told her about losing my Mucas plug and the contractions. She did however say there was a small trace of protein in my urine but didn't seem to concerned with it right now. Go back in two weeks if I don't go into labor. Just have to take it easy and not do anything too stressful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)