Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question..

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

I went my first pregnancy without coloring my hair because I was afraid to do anything that might harm the baby. This is my second pregnancy, and I have heard that coloring my hair wont pose any risk to the baby, and I have heard from some that it will.... Opinions?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Marie9076
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pretty sure that it's considered unsafe during your first trimester but ok for the second and third. Don't quote me on that though. I colored my hair during both but not during the first trimester. Try whattoexpect.com . It's a pretty good website with good advice. Your OB would be the best person to ask. Good luck!

Happymommy11
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Thank you : )

newmommy52012
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Quoting Marie9076:

I'm pretty sure that it's considered unsafe during your first trimester but ok for the second and third. Don't quote me on that though. I colored my hair during both but not during the first trimester. Try whattoexpect.com . It's a pretty good website with good advice. Your OB would be the best person to ask. Good luck!

Yeah...Lol what you said! :D

CafeMom Tickers

paige1991334
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM

i have taken all birth control pills on friday 3/2/12 and today is saturday 3/4/12 and i had sex today and i have been on antibics for a while now and i was just wondering if you know if i can get pregnet or not let me know thanks

vwd_johnson
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Highlighting is the safest way so it doesn't get to your roots, and wait til second trimester. Also use amnonia free dye and be in a well ventilated area... If your going to do it. Also look up natural ways to dye your hair. Coffee for dark, lemon for light, ect..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

It is safe, just be in a well ventilated room. I am one that could not stand to go into a salon. The smell made me sick thourghout the whole pregnancy with all mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)