Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you tell your family?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have a few days until I test, and my husband and I were discussing how to tell our family about (potential) baby #3. We wanted to do something fun. Anyone have any cute ideas?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM
I txt a pic of the test to my mom, and the rest got a pic of the 12 wk ultrasound
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.seri
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM

This:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazyangel_52
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM

with this baby i text my mom twice and told her, the first text said i have a surprise for her, the second one said it will be here in october.

eykelley
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I made announcement cards and mailed them to family. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2timezthefun
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Dh didnt give me a chance to think about it or tell them how i wanted he took a picture of the test and texted to his entire contact list both time lmao gotta love him 

JMama22
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:36 PM
We did the same! My first trimester ended near my sons birthday so we sent out party invites, along with Halloween pics and the last pic had my son in a big brother shirt:) my mom didn't get it at first but my dad and grandma did. Everyone called a few days later and loved the announcement :) Congrats!!!

Quoting mrs.seri:

This:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robbinsroost
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM

We shared this picture. I can't find the edited one we used, but it said "Our family is going to grow by 2 feet!" I gave it to DH first and then we shared on facebook. For the few friends or family not on facebook we just told them.

crystalrbp
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Got most of my family together for breakfast and told them. Then a few days later we told his family. And once we found out the sex of the baby we posted pics of her ultrasound with the title of the photo album being our baby girl. That's how the rest of our family found out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IceJaelyn
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I didn't do anything special when we told our parent. I txt my mother told her about me being prego because my granny just had just got out hospital and In had rerange the house to make it easy for granny to get around. We my bf mom we take her out to eat on valentine's day and he ask her what she think about having another grandchild. Then she look at me said your pregnant and I was just speakless. He just answer the question mom. Then she wouldn't mind having a granddraughter. then to answer ur question mom yes she is pregnant. She was smiling from ear to ear and claping.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I was boring and just called them both times. I wanted to announce it at a big family party but never got the chance. I was going to have my oldest daughter where a big sister t-shirt and see how long it took people to notice. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)