• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm getting worried :( piog

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm 16 weeks, 3 days and spent yesterday in the ER. I went to take a shower and could barely wash my hair. My arms felt so heavy and it wore me out just to have my arms up. My head started feeling weird and I was seeing spots in my vision. My mil is a nurse so I had her come take my blood pressure. It was 170/100 so I called the hospital and they said to come in. While I was there I had blood work and iv fluids along with an EKG. Everything came back okay yesterday but they are still having me do a 24 hour urine collection just in case. I also got a script for blood pressure medication. Fast forward to last night. I took the medicine and felt bad almost immediately and ended up puking. This morning I woke up feeling better. I had to do my urine collection so I stayed home from church. I had to call my husband half way through though because I started feeling bad like yesterday in the shower and thought I might pass out. My mil came and took my blood pressure again and it was 180/90. My arms feel so heavy and I was exhausted from having them lifted long enough to put a dab of foundation on my face. I had to keep sitting down because I was worn out. I noticed I have a dark red rash on my chin/ along my jaw line and above my eyes under my brows. I am supposed to call tomorrow and make a follow up appointment with my OB tomorrow to discuss 24 hour urine results. I'm a sahm with a 21 month old and it's very hard to chase him around as I get lightheaded and weak when I get up. I don't want to go back to the ER but I'm worried something is very wrong.

Also, I've been drinking plenty but only gone pee three times today. The nurse told me to pee when I woke up and then start my collection. I peed at 8:30 and didn't again until 2:30 and finally just again at 5:30. So I only have two pees for my collection so far :/

Sorry it's so long, I'll be calling my OB in the morning but I was just hoping I could get some thoughts about what's happening :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sostler
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I don't no, honestly. I would call ur ob now and talk to her. Maybe she can tell u what exactly to do. Let me know what happens
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Campfield
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Call your doctors office. The operator can out you in touch with your Dr or the doc on call from their office
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kellileanne
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Definitely call the oncall OB.  My guess is you need to go back in.  They may change the bp meds.

vanna_k
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Thanks ladies-- they told me to lay down for an hour and if I'm not feeling better to go on in :( ughhhh. I'm sure I'll be going in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kellileanne
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Its best they get it under control quickly.  When I had dd my bp had been higher than at the beginning of my pregnancy but was still in the safe range.  My daughter ended up with growth issues and low fluid.  This pregnancy we are hoping that having me on bp meds from the beginning we won't have the same issues.  But my last appt my bp was up a little.  So now I'm having to check it at home multiple times a day and if it goes up much more they will up my meds.  I really don't want another baby with growth issues. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)