• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advise!!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

i been applying for jobs even before i was pregnant, finally got a call from one of the resturants i applied to. im 29 weeks pregnant, but really need a job. if i get hired should i take it? if so when do i tell them im pregnant? i would be put on workers probabtion till after im pregnant which means they can fire me when i have to give birth, in may..

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BiPolarMomto3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM
They cannot fire you for being pregnant... You don't legally have to tell them anything. But if you feel comfortable telling your boss after you have been there just explain the situation to them...Because I had not been at my job for 3months or more when Shelby was born I had to take only a 2 week maternity leave to ensure my job woukd still be there.....But my boss was very understanding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM
I would interview and see what happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sapilado
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM

thanks for the advise, im just worried because i just was hired at another job as a cashier in a deli and went to training an everthing but once i told my boss i was pregnant she told me, not to come back because she doesnt want me getting hurt. so if i get hired in this job im concern on if i should say anything or not.

Crystal_S
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I got a job when 4 months pregnant and didnt tell them until 5 months ish when I started showing. I've heard way too many stories about people never getting hired if you tell them off the bat that your pregnant. If they are a reputable company they will know that they can't fire you when they find out your pregnant. They can find other reasons but most companies wont get into that situation. 
I personally wouldnt tell them - and you legally dont have to. 

Also I would take up your last job with the labor board or something because they are NOT allowed to fire you because of pregnancy. 

gacgbaker
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:50 AM

I personally would tell them up front since you are so far along- they really shouldn't base their hiring on if you are pregnant or not, but I know it does happen.  :(  Hopefully they will appreciate your honesty and let you move forward with taking the job.  Some places are more understanding then others.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)