Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vaginal ultrasound

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM
  • 25 Replies
Do you guys think it's true that getting an early ultrasound and it being vaginal is a cause for miscarriage. I have heard that.. also there has been a problem that happened during my pregnancy my body would suddenly not react, like if it will fall asleep and I will try hard moving so I can make my body react and finally it will do you guys know why and if that can be an issue about miscarriage or no????
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Im not sure it can cause miscarriage without other underlyin issues. Its not comfortable in my opinion but im not sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I have never heard of an ultrasound causing a MC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.seri
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Never heard of that. I don't think they would perform them if they were unsafe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veronicanajera
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM
What about my body falling asleep can that cause it?
mrs.seri
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM
No sure hun, I would call your ob ASAP.

Quoting veronicanajera:

What about my body falling asleep can that cause it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tginn20
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think a vaginal u/s would be any different than your dh/so's penis hitting your cervix during sex....

dlane12152007
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:38 PM

maybe if you were already classified as a "threatened miscarriage" i.e. you've already been experiencing spotting and cramping.

veronicanajera
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Ok thanks but on Tuesday I am getting a D and C becuase my baby doesn't have a heartbeat anymore, i'm so sad.. It's my 3rd already.. I don't know if its also possible that my utereus can be weak because I have heard about that???? Any Suggestions???
jazi_1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Although I am unsure of vaginal ultrasounds causing miscarriage. I will say that after having a vaginal ultrasound at age 17 I did have a miscarriage, but I was already slightly bleeding and the tech who did it was a real jerk and not gentle at all! Also the hospital I was at is really bad and caused my mother to have a c-section from bleeding that started AFTER they checked her. It may depend on the tech or it might not have anything to do with the vaginal ultrasound at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM
I highly DOUBT it had to do with the ultrasound! Chances are it is because there was already something wrong. If ultrasounds were that unsafe and caused mc's tbey woukd never be preformed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)