Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early pregnancy or miscarriage?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

2 questions for you mommys! (sorry it's kinda long) Okay so the first day of my LMP was Jan 1st..however, they are ALWAYS irregular...I had my first prenatal appointment and she just did an ultrasound to confirm my due date (which was supposed to be october 7th and I was 8 weeks by LMP)..She said I am definitely pregnant but am actually only 4-5 weeks or this is another miscarriage....I've had no symptoms of a miscarriage (no bleeding..hardly any cramping..) and still feeling nauseous but haven't thrown up from morning sickness and just a bunch of other normal pregnancy symptoms...Do you think that I was just earlier than we thought I was because of my irregular cycles? I was absolutely heartbroken when I got the news and if this baby is fine I might even just change the doctor because of this...would you change your doctor if she set in your mind that you're having a miscarriage and the baby is fine?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jadsmummy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Absolutely not, she was being honest with you on your current condition. That is the type of doctor I personally want. I don't like things being sugar coated. She gave you difficult news but she was doing her job telling you that it could be either A or B. If her bedside manner sucks then that's another issue but if it was just a shoot the messenger because the messenger brought bad news eha not so much.

eykelley
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM
U can still have symptoms and the baby not be alive. :( it sux I know but it does happen. I agree with above poster that I the only reason u want to drop this OB is cuz she gave u bad news, I wouldn't do it. That's part of their jobs to be honest with u. I would rather have a pro-active Ob than one who beats around the bush. :/
GL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherryxcupcake
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM
I had symptoms and.i mc my first. BUT b4 my us they told me i was 8 weeks but 3 weeks later at my us, i was only 7 weeks pregnant. So at my drs apt i could have only been like 4 weeks and im 29 weeks pregnant and baby is growing fine. They told me if they were irregular.u really cant go by them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiCHELLEx
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

you probably ovulated later than you thought you did, especially if your cycles are irregular.. but when did you get your positive test?

and i wouldnt change doctors because of that, she was being truthful with you.

Blessedmommytob
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Hey if you have irregular periods thats fine bc u cant go by.ur lmp when ur irregular.my friend is only 9 weeks along and her lmp was Nov 3 and her bby has a heartrate and growing normally. Me... I.am 24 weeks 2 days. But when i first found out i was prego i should have been 10 weeks but bby was only measuring 7 wks 4 days but had strong heartbeat n looked fine! my periods were also irregular!
Cherryxcupcake
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Also i wouldnt change drs. Least she told u the truth. Ur,ob is ur friend lol do u want friends to lie to u?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalmommaof3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM
i had the same thing with this pregnancy i just wasnt as far along i ovulated later but im now 20 weeks and 3 days along with my BIG beautiful baby girl just dont stress must take it easy and have them give u another sono a couple weeks from now and no i wouldnt switch drs she was keeping it straight for u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Chances are you ovulated later and baby is right on track! Ultrasounds can be wrong and so can Dr's... I would let nature take it's course. Chances are baby bean is just fine and you ovulated later than they think. If this isn't that then I am sorry momma... But I hope it's late ovulation and baby is ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyx2luv
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Thanks everyone...I mean she was a highly recommended doctor by my close family but I just didn't see it..She took 30 minutes just to see me then was only in the room for about 3 minutes...Seemed rushed..didn't ask me if i had any questions..just delivered the bad news and said we'll schedule another ultrasound in a week. 

vwd_johnson
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM
My best friend was pregnant, and we went in thinking she was like 9 weeks along, but she only measured at like 4 weeks... She went back a week later, still no baby formed just a sac, and then a week later again, same thing. She felt pregnant the whole time because she was pregnant, her body just didn't take to it and never formed a baby just stayed at the beginning stages.

However. You could just be earlier than you thought ! It's always worth it to wait and find out. I think your doctor was being professional in being honest with you instead of not addressing any type of concern and then having you come back some time later and their being a problem. Not grounds to drop her as a doctor. But if u don't like her. Then switch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)