• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

28 weeks pregnant, and lower right back pain

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi, im 28 weeks pregnant, and I had a kidney infection about 4 weeks ago, which caused a stint to be put into my right kidney, and then it had been too uncomfertable, so they took it out. The pain went away, and i had no issues after the stint was taken out, but since i woke up this morning i have had pain in my right side and back, and it almost feels like my hips are being pulled on... The pain in my back hurts when i move around, turn, stand up, or climb into a truck, and it also hurts when i breathe in too heavy. i also have some uncomfertable pain in my low low abdomen, and i know my fetal fiber nectin test is positive. Also, I was having a few mild contractions according to the machine in the hospital about a week ago, but im not sure if im having contractions now. Someone help?? My doc keeps saying its my kidney pain from when the stint was taken out, and keeps upping my antibiotics, but like i said, it went away... and then BAM its back and different...

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cafe AmyS
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I'd suggest maybe a trip to the ER to get checked out.  (((hug)))

babygomez
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Sorry to hear you're in pain :-( Hopefully you get some relief soon.

Fightclmembr
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM
The right side?? Any fever? I might go in to rule out pyelonephritis or acute appendicitis.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:37 AM

It could be that you have another infection or it could be from how the baby is laying. You should insist that they test your urine for infection though rather than just assuming. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I would go in...maybe schedule an appt with a new doctor for a second opinion.  Hope you feel better!

caragrimes12
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM

im in the hospital now.. its a severe infection and its causing  me to dialate... seeing a neurfrollogist at 5... thanks everyone!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)