Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant...maybe?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM
  • 5 Replies
I haven't had a chance to get a hpt but I do plan to take one, so I'm not asking to replace the test, I would just like your opinions and insight. I just weaned my now 17 month old son a month ago and have am one pull away from finishing a full cycle of bc pills. My husband and I have had unprotected sex many many times throughout the month, before, at the end of, and after period. On one hand pregnancy doesn't seem possible, but my symptoms really make me wonder .... My period started the 7 of January and then the 13 of march and those were my second and third period. I was sill nursin and got my first period in November and then skipped December and then the jan and feb ones. So I started on feb 13 and we had done the deed several times prior and then none from the 13 - 17 but we did it on the 18 and some times after that. On the 26 I had cramps all evening and the whole week afterward I had lower back pain almost constantly and fatigue badly. Also I feel so tired but am having lots of trouble sleeping at night. The other night I woke up at 1:00 and didn't go back to sleep till 4 all the while just lying there hoping for sleep but it wouldn't come. And moodiness. I don't mean to be grumpy with my husband and little boy but I get angry quickly and can't seem to control it. I haven't had any breast changes, as a matter of fact, they still have the "deflated" weaned look. So, even though I started birth control and haven't had a very regular period, could I possibly be pregnant with #2...is lower back pain common and not having any breast changes?
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cafe AmyS
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Those could be symptoms of pregnancy, but they could also be symptoms that you're period is coming on soon or they could be related to the birth control pills.

Fritamay16
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM
It would either have to be pills or pregnancy bc I never have hardly any symptoms when period is coming and the fatigue is bad enough that if I am not pregnant and it persists much longer I am going to have to go the doc because it is only comparable to the fatigue I felt when pregnant with my son and the back pain is pretty constant and has become annoying. There are a few cramps in there at times but they aren't bad. The only reason I am so concerned about finding out is because ovarian cancer runs in my family, so if it isn't pregnancy then I must get to the bottom of it for my peace of mind.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:34 AM

What you are experiencing could be pregnancy or from being on new pills. Good luck!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM

You could be pregnant, but I agree with AmyS...it could be multiple things.  Please keep us posted.  Good luck!

Fritamay16
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Thanks...I should be able to get a test to take today...hopefully
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)