Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

maternity clothes

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM
  • 42 Replies
I'm 24weeks today and need some summer clothes. I have looked at walmart (doesn't sell them), target (little no selection for my size top), sears (horrible collection) and amazon.com which was all pricey.

I wear a G cup so I can't wear the tops with a "fitted" spot for boobs because it never actually fits and just looks bad.

I've been living in tanks, and 1 particular shirt to go out in but its black and long sleeve. We don't have maternity stores around here either. Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lmp09
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

check out online at oldnavy and motherhood maternity or even burlington coat factory online. They have cute summer clothes.

bri2011
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 8:13 PM
I can't fit maternity clothes but I've heard a lot of people say motherhood and oldnavy have good prices on maternity clothes. Kohls seems to have a good selection but it seems kinda pricey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2callmemom09
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM
I was at Burlington today. They have tons of shorts, capris, long dresses, and shirts! I had fun until i saw how fat my legs are in shorts now. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Koux
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you sew, or know someone who does? DIYmaternity.com has some great ideas for re-vamping huge T-shirts  or men's dress shirts into maternity shirts. Then you can make them to fit you perfectly, and it's way cheaper!

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:55 PM
No I don't sew. My aunt does but she's in another state and works long days as a cardiac nurse.

Quoting Koux:

Can you sew, or know someone who does? DIYmaternity.com has some great ideas for re-vamping huge T-shirts  or men's dress shirts into maternity shirts. Then you can make them to fit you perfectly, and it's way cheaper!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Have u ever ordered from them online? We don't have that store near my house

Quoting 2callmemom09:

I was at Burlington today. They have tons of shorts, capris, long dresses, and shirts! I had fun until i saw how fat my legs are in shorts now. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mkwatts
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Its a kinda odd thought, but what about target's plus dept? You could get cute looser tops, and always wear an elastic or skinny belt under the chest. Then it would be comfortable, bit still show the difference between boobs and baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Our target is small and mostly kids/men and bathing suits. I have an xxl I've been wearing so its cozy doesn't show clevage and has room for baby but its a winter/fall shirt. My issue seems to come in length mostly bc my boobs are so big

Quoting mkwatts:

Its a kinda odd thought, but what about target's plus dept? You could get cute looser tops, and always wear an elastic or skinny belt under the chest. Then it would be comfortable, bit still show the difference between boobs and baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mkwatts
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Fashion bug or lane Bryant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured