Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Why is this hard for me

Posted by   + Show Post
I am 13 weeks along... The father is no good and he is not the man I want to spend my life with. Unfortunately it took me two years and a pregnancy to figure this out. I was sure I would have the baby Untill I reached 12 weeks. At 12 weeks I went to a clinic to terminate my pregnency but I could not. I left the clinic with intention of going through with my pregnency even if I had to do it alone. Just yesterday I spoke with the father .. I was so upset becuase he disgust me so much. I calls my mother and we made another appointment at the clinic. This morning I have no idea what to do. I know that it would be smarter to terminate and move on. I just don't know why I can't make up my mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
GirlInTheFedora
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM
I'm so very sorry sweetie.. I'm praying for you

Quoting Safrianna:

Technically not aborting in the technical sense. I'm inducing. :( My baby has a 100% fatal defect. No top of skull. Parts of brain missing. Spine split and lesions in spine. 

Quoting GirlInTheFedora:

Are you aborting at 20 weeks?

Quoting Safrianna:

I'm terminating, but for an entirely different reason (baby is not viable at 20wks). It's scary, I know, regardless of the reason. But sometimes it's best for the child if you feel you're not going to be a good parent at this stage and not have support you need. It is your choice, ultimately, but you need to make a choice very soon. They'll make you do an ultrasound at the clinic. That might help you make a choice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Safrianna
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Thanks. I'm trying not to think about it right now... :(

Quoting Pandapanda:

I think you're in a close friend of mine's ddg. She was talking about this exact situation and is completely heartbroken for you, as am I. I wish you peace in this hard time, I'm so sorry. :(

Quoting Safrianna:

Technically not aborting in the technical sense. I'm inducing. :( My baby has a 100% fatal defect. No top of skull. Parts of brain missing. Spine split and lesions in spine. 

Quoting GirlInTheFedora:

Are you aborting at 20 weeks?

Quoting Safrianna:

I'm terminating, but for an entirely different reason (baby is not viable at 20wks). It's scary, I know, regardless of the reason. But sometimes it's best for the child if you feel you're not going to be a good parent at this stage and not have support you need. It is your choice, ultimately, but you need to make a choice very soon. They'll make you do an ultrasound at the clinic. That might help you make a choice.

army_wifey_06
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Please re think. You could always go with adoption and give an amazing gift to a family who can't have kids. We found out the sex of our baby at 14 weeks...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofcg
by Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Adoption
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelsiey
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM

You don't need a man with you to raise a baby. You can do it on your own. I would never get an abortion, for ANY reason (yes, I am pro life, especially after the baby has a heartbeat.)

tm88rn
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM

You need to make up your mind quickly. I responded to another one of your posts, but I'll say it again. This is entirely your choice. Only you can decide what is right for you. I have had an abortion and I have no regrets, if you want to talk, feel free to message me. 

jessmomto2boys
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM

If your only reason for wanting an abortion is because of a bad father....than, that's not a good reason. I know so many amazing single mothers!!! Have more faith in yourself. You can do this!! You baby is already formed as a baby...it has a heartbeat! 

I know where I live there is a pregnancy center that gives mother's free ultrasounds. One main reason for doing this, is so that those mother's who are debating on abortion can see their baby before making the decision. 99% of the time they decide to keep it because after seeing baby you are instantly in love. Maybe try to find a center who offers this? 

Good luck to you! 

chocolat-smiles
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:09 PM

how about adoption?

msswisher08
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Why not go thru it and give it for adoption!! Give a family that can't have children a chance.. Please don't hurt this child...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nay1983
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Yes what about adoption....

Quoting doulala:

What about the alternative: adoption?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)