Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

inducing labor questions *edit* * update*

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM
  • 55 Replies
so my doc says if my baby girl
isn't born by Thursday she wants to induce so I'm looking into self inducing labor tactics iv walked tried
sex even castor oil ... nothing I
learned its not her not wanting to come out ... it's me I just won't dilate my body says no ... what kind of things can help me move along here?

*edit*
iv seen people talk about bouncing on a ball I don't get the whole ball concept and I'm walking daily now. iv had contractions and my mom says this is the longest she has seen a person be in n out of labor ( a week) the neighbor said her sister had to deal with it for a few weeks. iv also had people tell me it's worse to let baby stay longer then 10 days past due date. I had a cousin born late and they broke his shoulder because he was to big. that if I induce yea shell lose some weight but shell be fine. so now I'm confused again.

forgot to update

I was induced on the 13th 7 am Jodi was born at 1247 am on the 14th only issues was epi our blood pressures dropped and I got an anxiety attack from losing the feeling in my legs. it hit me pretty hard. but pretty much everything went well and it was an easy labor. she was born totally healthy a little jaundice but good at 5 pounds 8 ounces the sonagrams lied we were expecting at least 7 pounds and she was 19 inches. she's eats healthy and is doing awesome :) thank you everyone for the advice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamahogan2
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I heard nipple stimulation works well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenesis915
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM
I'll look into that thank you

Quoting mamahogan2:

I heard nipple stimulation works well

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3RingCircus2006
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Eww.. castor is gross lol and a no no.That will get u in trouble around here. :) If u have a breast pump maybe u can try pumping? But i tried everything with my first. That  was born at 43 weeks!! But when it was go time.. it was GO time :) Good Luck!

jenesis915
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM
I saw it online I figured it'll help with her and if not help with my problems going potty sorry for tmi. didn't think of a pump I'll try that thanks :)

Quoting 3RingCircus2006:

Eww.. castor is gross lol and a no no.That will get u in trouble around here. :) If u have a breast pump maybe u can try pumping? But i tried everything with my first. That  was born at 43 weeks!! But when it was go time.. it was GO time :) Good Luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Why do they want to induce? I refused inductions with both kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lmp09
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I heard tons of walking and bouncing on a ball. Good Luck.

jenesis915
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM
she said because its past my due date this is my first so I'm not sure what's best really

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Why do they want to induce? I refused inductions with both kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenesis915
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I don't have a ball but what if I sit on a trampoline?

Quoting lmp09:

I heard tons of walking and bouncing on a ball. Good Luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting jenesis915:

she said because its past my due date this is my first so I'm not sure what's best really

Inducing is not safest.   If you want to do it then it's up to you of course.    But it sounds like you aren't giving informed consent.
We want to weigh risks when health and safety are the priority~

40 weeks is the mid-point within the average (estimated)  month-long due period of 38-42 weeks.
   *Unless you are a first-time mom and then the average point isn't until 41 weeks, 1 day (not 40 weeks).

The risks with inducing are big, serious, and should not be taken lightly.

You don't need to be dilating now~   better yet, don't check your cervix.    
It's always safest to avoid unnecessary risks.

Best wishes!

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

doulala
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep in mind the risks with these things!   
     How much unnecessary risks do you want to add to yourself and your baby?

Quoting jenesis915:

I saw it online I figured it'll help with her and if not help with my problems going potty sorry for tmi. didn't think of a pump I'll try that thanks :)

Quoting 3RingCircus2006:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN