Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can i be in labor even though i haven't had a bloody show?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM
  • 13 Replies

My husband and i went to the mall today to get some walking in my day. 

We ended up spending 2 1/2 hours walking around the mall. We sat down for a good 15 mins to rest my feet and went home.

Now as i was sitting watching T.V. my back started aching. I thought it was from the walking that my back hurt from lugging my lil man around, but im not so sure. it doesn't fell like any other back ache ive had its just lingering and sometimes it gets more throbbing off and on.

Ill be 37 weeks on Wednesday and im ready if he is ready to come. Is there anyway to tell besides all the obvious signs.???

~Mrs.Smith~

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KatieGirls2
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM
You can be in the early stages of labor for days, even weeks, hard to tell until you get timeable contractions that get stronger
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ridingsolo
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I'm thinking if it's just a backache, even if you haven't had one like that before, it's probably not labor.  I'm 35 weeks and have had some weird random pains the past week too...maybe early early stages of labor, but that could linger for weeks.

If you're not having any of the obvious signs, then you're probably not too close...although you only have a few days/weeks left, regardless.  He'll be here soon enough!

proudmomofAudri
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:22 AM

SOOOOO depressing.....im at my end lol

~Mrs.Smith~

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Could deff be the early stages of labor.  GL.

babynurse244
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Some people don't have bloody show until much later in labor. Everyone is different. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like my back ache the day before I had my first baby. You don't have to have a bloody show to be in labor. I didn't have it with either labors. But you probably just have a back ache. You will most likely feel contractions when labor starts. If it gets very intense, or you notice your stomach tightening with the back pain, it could be back labor. 

kblpooh
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:16 AM
Try drinking water and laying on your left side to see if that helps. It could be braxton hicks. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmomofAudri
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Forgot i had  doc appt this afternoon....guess ill see if there is any progress!!

SwePea
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I never saw any bloody show with my first two pregnancies. My water didn't even break on it's own lol. But I had contractions on and off for several weeks before it finally happened. And when it really was time, I couldn't walk two steps without screaming and I couldn't even say my own name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.wilcox01
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Same here it felt like razor blades in there.

Quoting SwePea:

I never saw any bloody show with my first two pregnancies. My water didn't even break on it's own lol. But I had contractions on and off for several weeks before it finally happened. And when it really was time, I couldn't walk two steps without screaming and I couldn't even say my own name.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)