Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby shower advice/ideas needed. :)

Posted by   + Show Post
So, DH and I decided to throw our own shower. We dont have the most dependable families so, we figured we'd do it. We wanted a certain theme and everything so this works best.
We are having a Minnie Mouse themed, family style shower. It will be at the clubhouse at my grandparents retirement community (it's nice and FREE!!).
We are looking at sending about 30 invites out. About 5 of those are out-of-towners that I highly doubt will make it but, if 15 of the 30 RSVP as coming even that is looking at about 35-40 people since it's family style. I don't mind doing it this way. But, I need some good ideas for entertainment, food, etc.

I am looking at setting up a table for the kids to do Arts and Crafts at. Having coloring pages, and other art stuff. I'm gonna theme it to our baby shower and also have them make a Welcome sign for baby. :)
Then, for the guys, I am looking at doing a baby hold 'em table. Basically, it's like Texas Hold 'Em but the "buy in" is baby food or bottles or something small. We have a poker set so this works good. I'm also gonna get candy cigars for this table as well.
I am looking at doing a candy table where people can fill up there favor (a wine glass w/ pink and black polka dots w/ the shower date on it) w/ candy. There is one glass per family so DH and I are gonna get little goody boxes for the kids with different baby themed things and the men get a cigar saying "Smoke when Brooke enters the world".

I have a few family members who will make a few food items but I'm wondering if we just to hor'dervs, will that be ok? We're doing the shower from 2-4ish so, it'll be after lunch. I don't really wanna spend a lot on food. I'm also making the cake myself so, that's no big deal.

Do u ladies have any suggestions as to:
Food ideas?
Games ideas (that everyone can play)?
Any general ideas?

Thank.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Replies (11-12):
eykelley
by Liz on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Bump for more ideas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kriztiibee
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM
games, i know 3
1. u get 3 tiny cheap diapers and write numbers 1 2 3 on each and melt 3 differnt kinds of chocolate and place a different one in each, so it looks like a dirty diaper, =) then have every one smell and guess what kind of chocolate it is and who ever is the closest wins!

2, youll need yarn and a baby ornament you can find them at craft stores, they hav tiny bottles, carrages and rattle but toy tiny sized and place it on the necklaces of yarn, and everyone who shows up at the baby shower wears one and who ever says baby thr out the party someone takes it away and puts it on and who ever has the most necklaces win!

3. youll need the ornaments for this too; you get an ice tray place one tiny baby in the ice tray and frezze into ice cubes and place one in everyones drink, and whos ever ice melts first and baby is at the bottom of glass yells MY WATER BROKE! tht person would win!

+ prizes for the winners makes it more fun!+ nothing fancy but a little gift!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured