Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abnormality of ventricle size (in baby's brain) found in 20 weeks :(

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:27 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi...I am 20 weeks pregnant and yesterday I had an ultrasound. Doctors told me that there are ventriculs in baby's brain that should be 6mm at this stage but its showing more then 10mm...I am so scared that what is this abnormality...if any one knows please let me know.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Rachel102498
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:35 AM
http://www.columbiaobgyn.org/services/prenatalpediatrics/index.html
This website had some interesting information. I hope things work out for your little one. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

how come your Dr. didn't explain this to you?
i would call the office and have them explain it to you. the internet can freak you out more (giving worst case scenarios).

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I agree--I would give your doctor a call and ask them about it.  Hope all is ok!

gacgbaker
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Yes, for sure give the doctor a call!

Also keep in mind that these ultrasounds are not always great ways to really tell if there is an issue- with my 3rd they told me all kinds of things were wrong based on the ultrasound- I have a healthy almost 3 year old now.  Nothing was wrong with her at all!

mamma2B666
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM
At my 20 week appt. They told me that one leg was shorter.. she had holes in her heart a clubbed foot and she probably had down syndrome. She is a beautiful healthy 4 month old baby..she does have slight issue with her foot.. its turned outwards but it will correct its self. I know what you are going thru. Please dont let the dr.s scare u. Message me if u need to vent or talk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mum102010
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Hi, Thank you so much for your replies and support, I have called to doctor and he said we can say something after doing another ultrasound after two weeks but till now it's not a big issue.  I hope and pray to God everything will be fine. God bless u n all your family.

wife2jeff
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Thinking of you!  Hugs.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I'm really sorry things didn't go well. I'll be praying for your baby. Your doctor didn't explain it to you?

ashlee62982
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Relax hun, anything up to 10 is considered within normal range...thats not to say they wont get larger but dont start stressing unnecessarily. I was told at 19 weeks that my baby had no brain developing at all bc her ventricles were so big, i was advised to terminate but decided against it. Now my dd is 10the weeks old, she does have hydrocephalus and had surgery to place a shunt at 1 day old. Its not an end all diagnosis...just keep informed. PM me if you have any questions...and if the vents get bigger at the next scan i can hook you up with a group of people who are an amazing support system.
Ill be praying for you and your baby in the meantime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)