Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

frustrated not sure what to do :/

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM
  • 6 Replies
I'm 24 weeks and 4 days prego, at about 17 weeks I went to the hospital with severe stomach pains, and found out i have a hernia in my belly button , was put on pain meds and have been dealing with it since. But about 2 weeks ago I got sick and thought I just had a cold , went to my reg Dr appt the next day and he said if I didn't feel better in a few days to give him a call, the following Friday I had to go back to the Dr ( I go every week for a steriod shot) and told them I still wasn't feeling well and the nurse blew me off, I am coughing so much I can't sleep and now I'm having stabbing pains in my stomach , I have been calling my Dr office since Monday and have yet to get a call back , dh says I should just go to the hospital and get checked since it hurts to sit up, I can't sleep without waking up from the coughing, and the pain in my stomach ,.and the Dr won't call me back. I have had several upper respiratory infections in my life and I'm afraid this could be the same.... I guess my question is should I just go to the hospital or tough it out until I can finally get ahold of my Dr ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Just go in. And file a complaint with your doctors office for blowing you off. Hope you feel better!

ashtonstephens
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I plan on letting my Dr know I am.not happy with his office and I am.considering changing drs , I just don't wanna go to the hospital if its nothing major :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:46 PM

The only way hospitals, clinics etc. can better themselves is by patients letting then know their not happy.

Brie10
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM
GO IN & GET CHECKED OUT! I have those respiratory issues too..
And a herniated belly button. Then find a new dr!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashtonstephens
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Thanks ladies ! As soon as dh gets home I'm going to go get Checked, I'm gonna file a complaint with the hospital about my Dr office also bc that's the Dr they refer everyone too. I'm also gonna start Checking for a new Dr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xaviersmom21
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I say go to the hospital- better safe than sorry. The way I see it is that if you're having trouble breathing, then so is baby. And definitely find a new dr- you & your insurance pay them, not the other way around, so you should be satisfied with them and the office staff, if not there are plenty of other drs out there. Maybe you can ask them at the hospital to refer you to another dr who will get back to you in a timely manner. Good luck- go to the hospital!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)