Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those pregnant with baby # 2

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:08 PM
  • 21 Replies

With my first I was so motivated to go out and buy everything for baby but this time I am taking my time and haven't bought a lick of anything yet.  I am only 5 months so I know I got 4+ to go but I need to get my butt motivated.  Anyone else like this?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mia055
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Im preggo with my 3rd right now, but when i was preggo with my second I was motivated to by things but i didnt - I have two boys right now, so when i had my second boy I had absolutely EVERYTHING i ever needed (with my first i had two huge baby showers, diapers lasted my first son's first 4 months) I did by things here and there though for my second, but sadly he's become the "hand me down" child LOL!

Mother to  Zeek (3 1/2) and Manny (1 1/2) and one on the way!! Love my hubby!! Love my boys!! Think PINK!!

ikesmommy200
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I saved everything from baby one. All we need is diapers and bottle liners to store breastmilk in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Me lol. We start shopping in may and plan to be done by june
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nautired
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:55 PM
I am on baby 4 and haven't brought anything my last I brought stuff before I knew if we were having a boy or girl but this time I'm waiting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girllovescamo
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM
We has to start over since ds is 7, but yes I def waited on buying baby stuff and am only buying things I need. With ds it seems I bought everything baby related and so much never even got used, and some clothes as well he never even wore. I have a tad over 5 weeks left n the only thing I have left to buy now is a stroller.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess...
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM
i am only 4 months and we still have everything from our first but we still need a few things and i avoid the baby stuff right now. I even need to get the room together. Ugh this pregnancy has completely killed my energy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ejedwards00
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM

well since i don't know if we are having a boy or a girl.. i haven't bought hardly anything... i will have the shower after the baby is here for everyone to see Him or her.. :)... but i do have a few of the essentials to get us buy for the first little bit .. 9 weeks to go for me!

DaniVan
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM
I'm 5 months along on my 3rd now; no motivation to do anything. I really don't feel like going threw names right now. With my first we lived with the in-laws until the least month so I couldn't do anything early, with #2 I dragged everything out of the attic immediately, so excited to do everything. This time I'm not working & I've hit a bit of a wall, nothing needs to be done until I'm around 8 months, & aside from buying a toddler bed for #2 so I can move him out of the nursery & picking a name, there's nothing else I can do.
Larsbug
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I didn't but only because I had a boy the first time and then I knew I was having another boy so I guess I didn't really need anything anyway...hope you get some motivation soon!

mochachcolic
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I am also pregnant with my 3rd & had both girls so I had mostly everything except for pampers things like that etc but now I'm pregnant again with another which was unexpectant (very much a surprise-being told I couldn't have anymore due to endometriosis) 7 yrs later me & dh are like we need everything!!!! so yes right now we are very motivated gotta have eveyrthing before she gets here.

expecting girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)