Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whyyy do I have to wait?!??

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

So a friend of mine is due the day before me.. she has her gender ultrasound may 1st.. my doctor is making me wait until may 17th :( I just want to know so I can start shopping!! :)

pregnancy calendar
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
luvlymum2
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I have mine the 17th as well, dont worry you will have plenty of time to shop after you find out too :)

purvislets
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Hopefully it will go by fast for you!  We're keeping this baby a surprise so I have a TON of waiting to do!

gacgbaker
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Some doctors like to wait a little longer for the ultrasound to get some better images of the heart and things like that- I had to wait until at least 18 weeks, but we didn't find out what baby was.  

Let us know what you are having after you find out!

iluvteeth77
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I hate that all the dr's are so different. I am 16 weeks and I go today for a checkup for the baby and hopefully I will be able to schedule the U/S for the gender in 2 weeks but they typically do it at 20 weeks. They said if I really want to know they will schedule it early. And like you, I need to do some shopping so I want to know. I really didn't want to do one of the elective U/S so I am trying to hold out.

JaimieLynn8
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:59 AM
My doctor is "old-fashioned" so I never found out the sex with his ultrasound in both my pregnancies! I paid for a separate ultrasound to find out both times!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nursetina
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I didn't wait! I paid for an elective 3D and found out 3 weeks sooner :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)