Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Postpartumish question...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:09 PM
  • 13 Replies
So I had ds 10wks ago. I finally!! stopped bleeding about 2 weeks ago and am exclusively bfing. The past couple days my stomach has been extremely sensitive...more regular, hurts when I eat and nausea. Did any of y'all have stomach issues later in postpartum that was related to postpartum? Or if you did was it something else? Btw, not on bc but using condoms, 4th baby.
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calcalmommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Bump!!
aplus6
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I never had that but Ive never breastfed either. Heres a bump.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I had it both times. For me, it was just an uncomfortable recovery because my uterus was exhausted =P

wife2jeff
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM

It seems weird to me that you bled for so long...  I only bled for 3w pp.  When is your pp checkup?  I would maybe make sure there isn't any placenta that was retained in there.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I've had a lot of nausea since having my last baby. I have no idea why. But I don't think it's really related to being postpartum, and it isn't pregnancy. 

mem82
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM

It could be hormones. If it last more than a few days, go to the doctor. Feel better!

Rayawni
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Some can bleed longer than others. I will bleed the full 6 weeks. I also ebf, it's just one of those things. Some women are done in 2-3 weeks. Others take longer. I'm also a lucky one though that will have a regular period starting at 8 weeks pp and ebfing. Nothing holds off my period and ovulation. :(

It's normal for your system to be out of whack for a while post partum and is normal unfortunately, those darn hormones.

Quoting wife2jeff:

It seems weird to me that you bled for so long...  I only bled for 3w pp.  When is your pp checkup?  I would maybe make sure there isn't any placenta that was retained in there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I bled a long time with my son too. I noticed that my stomach was not happy moreso after my daughter.  Breastfeedng causes the uterus to contract slightly. It may not be back to where it's supposed to be yet and all those muscles and everything are still loose.  It could also be due to low iron levels. I had to keep taking iron (Floradix) ad eventually eveything became normal again.

KatieBug63
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Have you been having regular bowel movements? Change in diet? Extra nerves/stress?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:38 AM
I didnt really, but heres a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)