Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help, thinking of getting a abortion today

Posted by   + Show Post
A week ago I found out I was pregnant by my ex bf. I told him I was pregnant and he said the best choice is to get a abortion. Me and him just broke up a week ago. And he told me 2 days ago that he's back with his ex and that he is happy. He said he doesn't want to have a child by a girl hes not with. Even though we wanted this baby at one point. Now he doesn't want it. I'm already a single mother with a 3 yr old son. And I cannot picture myself goin through the pregnancy and giving birth alone. And I am in no shape to keep the baby alone. I have no job, no car, don't have a stable home. I was expecting him to stay with me and not leave me but he's now trying to have a family with the girl he's with right now. I feel so alone and hopeless. I know abortion is wrong but I feel like in my situation that's the best thing to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:55 AM
Replies (51-60):
theirmommy04
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:20 AM
No. I'm sorry, I just cannot agree that an abortion is the right thing. Take a deep breath, mama, you're going through a lot right now, and understandably feeling discouraged. But this is all just temporary! You will eventually find a job. There are resources out there that can help with food/money/transportation. Do you know if there's a pregnancy center nearby? They would know about a lot of various resources out there.

Things look so bad right now, I get that. You don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. TRUST ME, I've been there - 7 years ago to be exact! Hang in there, don't be afraid to ask for help. Abortion is a huge deal...and one that you will probably regret when you look back and see how everything ended up working out somehow and that you could have done it afterall.
theirmommy04
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Quoting Joashmom:

Thats a lie. If anything the amount if assistance you receive will increase with another child.
theirmommy04
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Quoting mem82:

Yes, am abortion counselor is going to be biased! Someone neutral would even be better!
Beauty91805
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I don't know where you live, but in where I'm at that's not true.
CafeMom Tickers
Aislinn
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM

OP, are you in Canada? 

Nurina101
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Wow im sorry to hear this abortion is such a ruff option. Do whats best for your life, but remember once you make the choice its finally wheather you decide to keep it or not... good luck :)

Joashmom
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM
I live in the usa. State ma

Quoting Aislinn:

OP, are you in Canada? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candace8609
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM
none of us ladies can make up ur mind. its some thing ur going to have to think about. have it done and possibly live w the fact that u did some thing like that, give the baby a chance and good life to some one who cant have kids or give the baby a chance at home w u. u can go after him for child support. or corse he wants u to have the abortion bc he dont want to pay child support...douch bag imo. im pro life. i hate abortions. but its your choice. just make the right one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy4ever07
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I don't believe in abortion but even with that said if your not 100% sure don't do

Joashmom
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM
4 moms liked this
Well I want to problem pregnancy today with the baby's father. Yes he came with me but its because he thought I was going to get a abortion. I spoke to a lady by myself. And I told her my circumstance and how I felt about each option. We came to the conclusion I wasn't getting a abortion. I'm going to keep the baby. And if worse comes to worse ill consider adoption. But most likely I'm going to keep the baby. Lets just say when he found out I wasn't getting a abortion he wasn't too happy. And he walked out of the clinic mad. And I haven't heard from him since than. I sent him a text telling him my decision is to keep the baby and if he wants he can come to my prenatal appoint today. But to not my surprise he hasn't answered me. So now I'm going to go to my prenatal appoint alone. But I guess I better get use to being alone because that's how my pregnancy is going to be. Without the support of the father
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured