Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

help, thinking of getting a abortion today

Posted by   + Show Post
A week ago I found out I was pregnant by my ex bf. I told him I was pregnant and he said the best choice is to get a abortion. Me and him just broke up a week ago. And he told me 2 days ago that he's back with his ex and that he is happy. He said he doesn't want to have a child by a girl hes not with. Even though we wanted this baby at one point. Now he doesn't want it. I'm already a single mother with a 3 yr old son. And I cannot picture myself goin through the pregnancy and giving birth alone. And I am in no shape to keep the baby alone. I have no job, no car, don't have a stable home. I was expecting him to stay with me and not leave me but he's now trying to have a family with the girl he's with right now. I feel so alone and hopeless. I know abortion is wrong but I feel like in my situation that's the best thing to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:55 AM
Replies (61-70):
FebPenguins
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Please! Think of the family that you would be allowing to grow!! My dh is adopted, and to think that his mom could have made the other decison, makes me sad. I would not have him or my children. I wish I had a way to help, but there are agencies out there willing to help moms like you!! Please, think about it!

Quoting Joashmom:

I've thought about adoption. And it breaks my heart to think I'm going to be carrying the baby for 9 months, give birth and than just give the baby away

Quoting Tiffersmu:

What about adoption???? As hard as that sounds its truly a selfless act of love. Don't make any quick decisions bc of his actions. It's your body.

louzannalady
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:53 PM

If you feel it is wrong- don't do it! You will regret it forever. There are so many options for you as a single mom. There are so many programs that will help you go to school and even get a vehicle and get on your feet. Take advantage of them- where you are at is only temporary. You have the opprunity to make some changes in your life, right now. If you really don't feel that you can keep this baby, then you can consider an adoption, which is still a hard choice, but at least you would not be going against what you knew was right.

2bkayleesmommy
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I have had an abortion. Make ur decision for urself and NO ONE else

Ur ex sounds like an idiot! He left u and is making a family with another girl 1 week after he left u and ur pregnant! Douche!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaxLovesBatman
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

The thing you have to think about is look at your three year old, Can you imagine someone killing him right in front of you? Because that's what is inside you, a living, funtioning human being with a beating heart.

JudesAwsomeMom
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:57 PM
I have never heard of an abortion pill?

Quoting Joashmom:

I'm 4-5 weeks pregnant and looking into getting the abortion pill
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karatemomof4333
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Why not keep baby for a bit after birth and then if you truly feel you can't handle it, adoption....heck even open adoption if you choose. Then there will be no regrets of killing an innocent baby.
Aislinn
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Quoting Joashmom:

I live in the usa. State ma

Quoting Aislinn:

OP, are you in Canada? 

I only ask because in Canada, they do not really adjust benefits for more children, but they do in the US. So, whoever told you that is wrong. Good luck with your decision. Just make sure it is YOUR decision, not someone else's decision.. (((hugs)))

mamaelle88
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Do what you feel it right. If you know your not in any position to add another addition to your already overwhelemed life, then consider it. Do you have any family that can help you out if you wanted to keep it? 

I'd probably get called a whore by people on this, but it could be worst in my situation, but 7 months ago, I made the mistake of dating someone, who he was in love with me, but I didn't feel the same, instead I needed up going out with one of my buddies. And I had sex 2 weeks apart of them both, and ended up pregnant. I never considered abortion, but I did tell the ex bf who loved me, and he wanted nothing to do with the baby, which was fine by me. I raised my daughter alone (became a widow at 19) so this wouldn't be new to me. Come January I told the buddy I had sex with that he could be the other potential dad, and to my surprise to actually stepped up, and he wanted to be with me, because he had always had feelings for me. Things feel into place for me... 

So keep that in mind. You may not like how theres are NOW, but it things change. 

bamamommy2009
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 3:08 PM

it is your choice but you made something beautiful instead of throwin it away see how you feel about another raisin the baby:) no judgement hun but look into all your options

ikesmommy200
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM
there are tons of programs that can help you. Start with churches, a pregnancy crisis center, shelters, your local family services office, and you helth and wic dept. You can do this. My dhs aunt found out she was pregnant the week her bf got laid off, then they lost their house and car within a month because of it being his brothers estate. But they are on a waiting list for hud housing while living with whoever will help them. They get diapers, bottle, wipes and other small stuff at the crisis center. They were able to get a welfare check and food stamps and the outreach center is helping too. They got a car through a local church, not a nice one but something to get where they need to go. The health dept is getting them a pac n play and the sherrif is getting them a carseat.

Just dont feel pressured into doing this because your d bag ex cant make up his mind, he is not in charge of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN