Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

help, thinking of getting a abortion today

Posted by   + Show Post
A week ago I found out I was pregnant by my ex bf. I told him I was pregnant and he said the best choice is to get a abortion. Me and him just broke up a week ago. And he told me 2 days ago that he's back with his ex and that he is happy. He said he doesn't want to have a child by a girl hes not with. Even though we wanted this baby at one point. Now he doesn't want it. I'm already a single mother with a 3 yr old son. And I cannot picture myself goin through the pregnancy and giving birth alone. And I am in no shape to keep the baby alone. I have no job, no car, don't have a stable home. I was expecting him to stay with me and not leave me but he's now trying to have a family with the girl he's with right now. I feel so alone and hopeless. I know abortion is wrong but I feel like in my situation that's the best thing to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:55 AM
Replies (121-130):
proudmom222010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM

your body, your choice,

let me just add though that i have had 2 sisters and both were thinking of abortion.  i'm sorry but at 17 days after implantation occurs the (baby) fetus already has a heartbeat and is a little bigger than a peice of rice.

i found out i was pregnant in oct. 2011, and then in nov. 2011 i lost it.... just the miscarriage has screwed my body up...  i wonder everyday what it would've looked like, if it would have favored me or the father, if it was a boy or girl.... life is hard but god doesn't give you anything you can't handle.....

the regret will be there and you will always wonder!!!!!  

alanakristi21
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I have not personally had an abortion, but my best friend had one 2 years ago... She was pregnant by a guy who was not faithful to her and he kept telling her that he wanted nothing to do with a baby. She felt trapped and went and had an abortion. I can't tell you how many times since then that she has called me crying about her choice. She has learned to live with it, but it still affects her to this day. If there is any chance at all that you could go through the pregnancy and give the baby up for adoption, as hard as it would be, I believe it's even harder on you if you have an abortion. What about family members who would help support you if you keep the baby? Or friends?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Angeleyes_6
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Really! You planned this baby but now its not convient! Why don't you you give the baby away? Its just horrible that you wanted this baby when you were with the father but now you don't cause you don't have him anymore. What a scenerio...if daddy stays you live but if daddy leaves you die!! Can't believe the irresponsiblity of parents these days!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohbamitsans
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Remember, babies have fingernails too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Owl_Feather
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Quoting chubbybabys:

I know this was hard for you, and for that I am so sorry.  However, you will find someone who wants all three of you!  It is his loss and you deserve better than that.  I am relieved and happy that you are keeping your baby.  I know you have heard a lot of opinions today, but I just want to add that I doubt that you will ever look back and think... I wish I had aborted this baby.  Good luck mama!!

Quoting Joashmom:

Well I want to problem pregnancy today with the baby's father. Yes he came with me but its because he thought I was going to get a abortion. I spoke to a lady by myself. And I told her my circumstance and how I felt about each option. We came to the conclusion I wasn't getting a abortion. I'm going to keep the baby. And if worse comes to worse ill consider adoption. But most likely I'm going to keep the baby. Lets just say when he found out I wasn't getting a abortion he wasn't too happy. And he walked out of the clinic mad. And I haven't heard from him since than. I sent him a text telling him my decision is to keep the baby and if he wants he can come to my prenatal appoint today. But to not my surprise he hasn't answered me. So now I'm going to go to my prenatal appoint alone. But I guess I better get use to being alone because that's how my pregnancy is going to be. Without the support of the father

sorry you are going about this alone :( But this guy is missing out. BIG TIME! His loss!!!!

CafeMom Tickers
tm88rn
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Abortion is not wrong. You may not agree with it, and that is fine, but it is not wrong, and an option all pregnant women have. Only you can decide if abortion is right for you. I have had one, at 11 weeks with twins, 8 years ago, and I've never had a single regret or bad effect, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. If you don't want to have an abortion however, then don't have one. If you don't want to have a baby, then don't have it. Only you can decide what is right for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sfigu16
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM

ladies, i am 20 years old. And a year tomorrow i got an abortion. All i am going to say is, be ready for the emotional toll you will have . I still havent been able to get over it. I cry every night and everytime i see a baby i just wished i had mine. Unlessyou are 100% sure of what you want to do and is the best for u do it. if you are not or you are being pressured don't do it. Its very hard and scary sittuation. i regret it .

BabyBump298
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:32 PM

This

Quoting ariesmommy84:

There's always adoption. But its your choice. You decide. Make sure you won't regret it!

CafeMom Tickers
rbray
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I am a mother of 4 having my 5th child. I had an abortion when I was young and I felt like a murderer I mean I never gave that baby a chance in this world. Then I got pregnant unexpeditly after havein 2 children and knew I couldnt care for another baby and concidered adoption. I mean I was unable to go through with it and kept my baby girl but there are millions of people out there that want children and cannot have them and how is it fair to that child to never get a chance in this world. God does everything for a reason. The decission is up to you but think about how wonderful your life is with your 3 year old and imagine being a women who cant have that this may have been a sign from God to be a carrier of an adoption familys baby or even for you to make your family better. Everything will always work out God will never put an obstical in your way that you cannot overcome. Goodluck and yes the choice is always yours.

BabyBump298
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM

If I were in your place, I would be happier having the baby instead of possibly having that regret of having an abortion and wishing you didn't . I couldn't ever regret having the baby. Hope all goes well.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN