Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

vent :( please no bashing

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok so me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years now.....and we have a 2 year old little boy named ryder... we went to the park a couple of days ago and he sat me down at a picnic table and said "I got something for u" and I was like ok and then he pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him so I said yes put the ring on then he said "wait there is something else" so I was like ok what and he pulled out a dna test paper out of his pocket and I red it and it said he was not my sons dad :'( which I know I had sex with someone else but honestly thought he was my boyfriends :'( I need some really good advice. Does anyone know what the chances are that he is going to change his mimd and leave are? He said he loves me and my son no matter what but I juat can't get it threw my head that ryder is not his baby help :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM
2 moms liked this

There is no way to know what the chances are. My guess is that given the fact he proposed even though he knows your son isn't his says a lot about his character and he will likely stay. That said. You have to talk to him. We don't know him, you know him. You have to communicate. It's the key to a healthy relationship.

Question though. Why did you accept his proposal if you don't trust him to stay with you? 

JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I think the fact he proposed to you AFTER finding out he isn't his son is a good sign.  Did he know about the other guy?

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:42 AM
I agree with both pps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizzie227
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Its not that I don't trust him I guess I'm just scarred to lose him now.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

There is no way to know what the chances are. My guess is that given the fact he proposed even though he knows your son isn't his says a lot about his character and he will likely stay. That said. You have to talk to him. We don't know him, you know him. You have to communicate. It's the key to a healthy relationship.

Question though. Why did you accept his proposal if you don't trust him to stay with you? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizzie227
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Yes he did know we had broke up for a couple days and I was being completely stupid and went and had sex with the guy but let me just tell u we are only ninteen years old lol

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I think the fact he proposed to you AFTER finding out he isn't his son is a good sign.  Did he know about the other guy?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizzie227
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:46 AM
I don't know what to think

Quoting Lizzie227:

Yes he did know we had broke up for a couple days and I was being completely stupid and went and had sex with the guy but let me just tell u we are only ninteen years old lol

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ridingsolo
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Why is this posted in the pregnancy group?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizzie227
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Sorry I'm on my phone and must have posted it in the wrong group

Quoting Ridingsolo:

Why is this posted in the pregnancy group?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Then you really have to just talk to him. If you trust him, love him, want to be with him. You have to let go of the fear.

Quoting Lizzie227:

Its not that I don't trust him I guess I'm just scarred to lose him now.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

AriMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:00 AM
4 moms liked this
It sounds like he was trying to give you as much security as possible by proposing & THEN REVEALINGrevealing the DNA test. I don't think you need to worry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)