Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy belly

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:15 AM
  • 12 Replies

Does anyone else have family and friends making fun of your baby bump? My family is constantly teasing me about my baby bump and it honestly makes me wish I wasn't expecting. I lost 42 lbs before I got pregnant and now all they do is say "God look how fat you are!" It makes me want to cry when I get home on a daily basis. My cousin keeps saying its sextuplets and that makes me feel even worst. Its like they don't care that they're hurting my feelings but, in my family noone is allowed to show emotion. Its really hard because I had to have an emergancy c-section with my son and it was hard to loose weight afterwards. I want to be proud of my bump but how? Anyone else have to deal with these issues in your families?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Santina25
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I'm sorry they are being insensitive :(
I bet your bump looks adorable :) don't let it bother you so much! Lots of people say things like that to pregnant women! My brothers say things like that and I don't like it, but I just deal with it and poke fun at them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM

It is really hard, I hear it from friends or other moms I run into at my kids activities- I lost 30 pounds after my third and was just about the size I was when I got married, that made me feel pretty good-- then I got pregnant with my fourth and now my 5th, with both of them I heard how fat I was, how I exploded, how I was obviously ready to be done-- the kicker is I wasn't even in maternity clothing until 4 weeks before my due date!  It's frustrating and the best thing I can do to ignore it is to just remind myself that they are not even close to accurate and for some reason want to make fun of me- I don't get it why people do that and I'm sorry that it's happening to you.  :(

Mamasomedaysoon
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Every time I see my grandma she asks if I'm having Twins
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katie44
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Agreed. People told me i was going to have a huge baby ( was all belly) said 9lbs my daughter was 6lbs14oz they looked silly

Quoting Santina25:

I bet your bump looks adorable :) don't let it bother you so much! Lots of people say things like that to pregnant women! My brothers say things like that and I don't like it, but I just deal with it and poke fun at them!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Nope, they'd have to deal with the wrath of they did. A pregnany bump is something to be loved and admired, NOT made fun of. I highly suggest rather than allowing them to make you feel like crap about it you tell them to STFU!  You're growing a LIFE inside of you and there's absolutely NOTHING more beautiful than that!

Cuffd
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM
I think baby bumps are soooo cute !!! & look great on every pregnant women
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Actingbaby
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Sorry your family is making you feel bad about your bump. All baby bumps are cute no mater the size or shape. ( Like mine this time around is pointed more to the left, but it is what it is. As long as baby is happy and healthy, you(general you) should be excited. )

Good luck to you Mama!

Santina25
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Lol yes I bet they felt pretty silly too!

Quoting Katie44:

Agreed. People told me i was going to have a huge baby ( was all belly) said 9lbs my daughter was 6lbs14oz they looked silly

Quoting Santina25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katie44
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup they were all second guessing her weight lol

Quoting Santina25:

Lol yes I bet they felt pretty silly too!

Quoting Katie44:

Quoting Santina25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nautired
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Yeah I get ppl all the time saying are you having twins? Ppl just don't seem to know how to act around pregnant women. Outside of pregnancy when else have you seen some reach out and touch a woman without permission.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)