Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 wks prego & bleeding when i wipe *PLEASE HELP*

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM
  • 4 Replies
I had an Ectopic pregnancy last yr June @ exactly 5 wks prego, Monday 4/23 I turned 5 wks & I went for my 1st Ultrasound & the tech told me she didn't c anything to come back n about 10 days, yesterday 4/24 I started sporting old blood I guess u can call it so I went 2 the ER & they did an Ultrasound & said they didn't c anything, my HCG level was 52 so they said they can't c anything til it reaches the thousands to come back in 2 days to check my levels again. Every time I wipe the blood is there, has this ever happened to anyone and the baby still b ok??
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SuperMom2433
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Old blood is okay. You want to start worrying if there is bright red blood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I had an ectopic also, 2 years ago. I did'nt know that I was pregnant. I started bleeding & I thought it was just my period but the bleeding lasted a whole month. I didnt really think too much about it because I had just gone off the pill so I thought my cycle was just messed up, I finally took a home preg test & it was positive. By the time I saw a dr I was about 8 weeks along. I had a bunch of ultrasounds done & it took a while to diagnose an ectopic pregnancy, it took a while for them to see the egg in my falopian tube. Just follow what your dr is telling you to do. If you go back to the e.r. they are gonna do another ultrasound & probly wont see anything. Keep going to the dr for the bloodwork to keep a close eye on your hormone levels. Def go to the e.r. if you are having abdominal pain. or if the blood becomes heavy.

Tiffersmu
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:52 AM

a family member of mine bled pretty bad and then delivered twins full term.  Her dr advised her to stay hydrated!  

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I have spotted early on before and all was ok.  Hope all is well with you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)