Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morning sickness

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM
  • 4 Replies
First of all I would like to say who ever called it morning sickness was an idiot! I like to call it hell !! This is my second pregnancy and had no morning sickness with the first one! But this one is ridiculous. I also suffer from acid reflux disease since I was 12 so a lot of the cures that people have been suggesting to me just won't work for me because it will just end up giving me heartburn anyways. I don't have any crackers or bread right now and I'm stuck at home so I am hoping someone can give me another idea for something that will settle my stomach. I run a daycare from my home so I need to be on my "A" game!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tararon
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I have nothing. I was sick as hell for 3 months then doctor put me on meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Here is a list of things to try, hope something helps!

Eating small meals throughout the day instead of three big ones
Have some crackers or a snack by your bed, so when you get up you can put something in your tunmmy right away
Sliced apples
Slicing lemons (the smell helps some)
Motion sickness bracelets
Ginger- anything with ginger root in it, even ginger ale
Peppermint (even try some peppermint tea)
Vitamin B6
Don't have fluids and meals together
Make sure you are drinking lots of water, you need to stay hydrated or it will make it worse
Eat things high in protein and complex carbs
Don't rush around in the mornings- that can make it worse
Stay away from stress as much as possible
Slurpees, or icees... When it gets really bad they help... and they are not hard on you coming back up.
Think about the flavor of your toothpaste and switch if it is contributing to making you nauseous
Get plenty of sleep
Avoid sugar and fatty foods
Ask your doctor about switching to a prenatal vitamin with a lower amount of iron for your 1st trimester

Katie44
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Good list :)

Quoting gacgbaker:

Here is a list of things to try, hope something helps!

Eating small meals throughout the day instead of three big ones
Have some crackers or a snack by your bed, so when you get up you can put something in your tunmmy right away
Sliced apples
Slicing lemons (the smell helps some)
Motion sickness bracelets
Ginger- anything with ginger root in it, even ginger ale
Peppermint (even try some peppermint tea)
Vitamin B6
Don't have fluids and meals together
Make sure you are drinking lots of water, you need to stay hydrated or it will make it worse
Eat things high in protein and complex carbs
Don't rush around in the mornings- that can make it worse
Stay away from stress as much as possible
Slurpees, or icees... When it gets really bad they help... and they are not hard on you coming back up.
Think about the flavor of your toothpaste and switch if it is contributing to making you nauseous
Get plenty of sleep
Avoid sugar and fatty foods
Ask your doctor about switching to a prenatal vitamin with a lower amount of iron for your 1st trimester

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terra3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Pretzels, graham crackers, apples, carrots, cucumbers, bananas, pineapple, watermelon, mashed or baked potatoes, bagels, english muffins, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, cereal.

These are pretty much the items I lived off of for the first 5 months of each pregnancy. I was also on zofran, meclazine, phenergen, and pepcid. I would also try to drink a little milk with each meal because it helped with the indigestion. If you have acid reflux take a Pepcid every day. I know a lot of people don't like to take meds while pregnant but sometimes you just have to. Good luck! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)