Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

support

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:34 AM
  • 4 Replies
Has anyone dealt with family members that were unsupportive of your pregnancy? How did you deal with it? I'm having a hard time with this and its ruining our excitement a bit :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyIsMyName90
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
If they can't be happy for you then forget them. Nobody needs people like that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Owl_Feather
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Yes. When I was pg with DS mom told me it was a huge mistake and to take care of it. She said the father will leave me and caring for a baby isn't like raising kittens. I wish I had called my dad first with the news because he screamed and said I'M GONNA BE AN OPA!!. Mom has since woke and smelled the coffee realizing I'm 31 years old and not 12. She adores her grandson and is excited about this baby ( oh and because of her hatred towards the announcement of DS...she was the last to be told about this baby).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissConrad
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. My family was very disheartened because of my SO and how he has treated me in the past. Also, my little sis is prego with her ex boyfriends (Whom tried to kill her) and told her she needed to get an abortion. The only advice I can give you on this is don't let it get to you, or show them that it gets to you. Keep going and ignore their comments. Don't let it ruin your day, or your beautiful little creation growing inside you! This is finally your moment in life that is yours. So you keep that glowing chin up and don't be disheartened. However, it never hurts to use the excuse of "Pregnancy Hormones" took over and tell them how you feel and just totally go off and tell them STOP! Sometimes it helps to tell others "LAY OFF, I AM SICK OF HEARING WHAT YOU THINK WHEN THIS IS FOR ME, AND MEANS THE WORLD TO ME!" I had to, and now they seem used to me being pregnant, and call me to check on me! You go Tiger, and be what god gave you the gift to be...A Mother! ")

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My in-laws nearly ruined the happiness of our second baby by being disrespectful, gossipy, and outright hateful. after that it was so hard to enjoy the pregnancy and I honestly a few times wish I hadn't gotten pregnant and considered giving her up ffor adoption.

Once she got here though it was amazing. I love her more than anything, and her brother is my favorite boy in the world. <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)