Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finding a job while pregnant

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

Shortly after I found out I was expecting, I was laid off from my job. The job search is taking a while which I know is to be expected but Im starting to get a little nervous about finding a job while being pregnant (starting to show; do I disclose or not- which I know I'm not required to but you see my point...).

I will keep plugging away looking for something in my professional (Human Resources) but in the meantime, I was wondering if there were any resources you could recommend. Maybe a website for pregnant women looking for employment or 'mom friendly' companies etc. If you have any thoughts or suggestions, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks so much!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Katie44
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Finding a job is hard while pregnant good luck mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daisy54321
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM

yes i realize thats why i wrote on the forum  ;-) ;-)  ;-)

hopefully someone wil write with some suggestions....

emilymarie1217
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I had to find a job recently as well. I don't have any resources, but I would strongly recommend that you don't tell any possible employers that you are expecting. I hated not telling people, because on one hand it's exciting news that you want to share as well as it felt like I was being dishonest. But as soon as I stopped telling employers, I got several interviews and got hired within a few weeks. That's my one suggestion for you. :) I really hope you get something soon!!!

daisy54321
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Thanks so much for the advice!

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM
not sure bump
maybe some one could help
i couldnt even find one not pregnant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I'm not sure. I know you are not required to tell a potential employer you are pregnant, and they can't ask.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trippster777
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I get working mom magazine and they often feature the most mom friendly companies to work for. I would check out their website it probably lists the companies online. Depending on how far along you are....I might disclose it but not right away. I would probably go through the interview process and then mention it in the second or third interview if I felt I was going to be hired that way hopefully they would respect my integrity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
j.patzer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:36 AM

sorry im no help mamma, due to health im in the middle of switching professions, and im getting my cna and aa in ece, my plan is to do respet work for disabled children. and before i was hospilized til i deliver, i was nannying for our roomate for rent reduction.

daisy54321
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:01 AM

thanks so much ladies!

TurtleMomma82
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I know a friend who got hired at 31 (they sell purses, wallets etc at home shows) doing inventory and desk work at 6 months pregnant.  They knew she was pregnant and got 6 weeks paid maternity leave too!  That's a best case scenario I know, but if there is a center near you, might be work checking out- I know it's a shot in the dark but a lead anyway :)  Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)