Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breech baby?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'll be 36 weeks on Friday, and my baby is still breech. When I go in next week, I'll be 36 weeks 4 days, and my doctor and I will set a day for a c-section, when I'm about 39 weeks pregnant. My second son was born 11 days early. I'm so worried that this baby will not wait until the scheduled day. I'm so worried about the cord coming out first, and having something go horribly wrong.

Has anyone had a breech baby, and if so what were your experiences?

I'm just totally freeking out!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Katie44
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigsky105
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:36 PM

First of all, there are exercises that could help turn your baby.  One I've heard of is to get on your hands and knees and rock back and forth.  Research the web to find more midwife tricks.  Second, breech babies are successfully born vaginally all around the world, and they didn't stop doing that in the U.S. until the 1950s.  Third, even if you do go into labor, the odds of having the baby suddenly, before you get to the hospital, are almost nil, so you just go to the hospital and they start the c-section.  They section women in active labor all the time.  So calm down!  It will be ok!

mommy2casidee
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Find a chiropractor that specializes in the Webster technique. After a few adjustments baby will turn head down!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Spinningbabies.com
Dd flipped at 38 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KKM72386
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Thank you...I know I need to calm down...I'm just making myself nuts!!

Quoting bigsky105:

First of all, there are exercises that could help turn your baby.  One I've heard of is to get on your hands and knees and rock back and forth.  Research the web to find more midwife tricks.  Second, breech babies are successfully born vaginally all around the world, and they didn't stop doing that in the U.S. until the 1950s.  Third, even if you do go into labor, the odds of having the baby suddenly, before you get to the hospital, are almost nil, so you just go to the hospital and they start the c-section.  They section women in active labor all the time.  So calm down!  It will be ok!

Randomredhead
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Im currently 22 weeks and for the past two ultrasounds my baby has been breech.  Everyone keeps saying shes going to move and i know shes moving but its still a fear.  This is my first and the only reason they keep checking with extra ultrasounds is because they cant see the cord or get a good read on the kidneys and heart.  Its stressful but i know i just need to think positive.

KKM72386
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM
def dont stress find some exercises to help flip little one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KKM72386
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I'm trying!  :-)

Quoting Autumn19:

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:15 PM

good luck. either way baby cant stay in there forever lol

Quoting KKM72386:

I'm trying!  :-)

Quoting Autumn19:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)