Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can I take nerve pills while pregnant?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM
  • 11 Replies

Is there ANY nerve pills that are safe that I can take while being pregnant? I don't want to be a drugged up. I just was wondering if there is anything that will take the edge off? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:32 PM

what do you mean nerve pills?

Mrs_Oaks
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:34 PM

something to take the edge off. I was on medicine for depression and anxiety before I got pregnant.  Now I sometimes feel like I am  going crazy,

Quoting RADmomma:

RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM

ok I wasnt sure if you meant that or like nerve pain!!!

some of your crazy feeling is just being pregnant...happens to most people. but if you were on meds before and you feel like you need them... ask your OB if there is anything that is safe...

Until then just try to breath, relax and enjoy your growing belly!!! ( i know easier said than done... ) Try aromatherpy... warm baths, soak your feet.... small things like that make a world of difference sometimes!!

Quoting Mrs_Oaks:

something to take the edge off. I was on medicine for depression and anxiety before I got pregnant.  Now I sometimes feel like I am  going crazy,

Quoting RADmomma:

baby2inflorida
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Why don't ask your doctor ? I'm sure there is a medication that can help you and be safe for your baby. 

CafeMom Tickers
tararon
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Yes there are a few. I'm on prozac.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katie44
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Ask ur doctor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmr1217
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:30 PM

There are several types approved for pregnancy. I was on lexapro before I got pregnant and that one's not approved so I haven't been taking anything.  At 30 weeks now, it's mostly been good but did struggle with the anxiety in the first and second trimester.  I had panic attacks and I've never had those before.  I've been getting montly massages and talking to a counselor to help get me through.  I've been feeling really good lately and hope it keeps up.  Good luck and yes, talk to you doc if you need something.

ecb722
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I know of a free resource that can answer your question. Texas Pregnancy Riskline 1-800-733-4727. They deal exclusiviely with exposures during pregnancy and can tell you of any risks associated with a particular medication. They were helpful to me.

mjazzy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Dr. Scott Kramer said yes you can but it depend on which ones https://www.healthtap.com/user_questions/4368-is-it-safe-to-take-medication-for-anxiety-disorders-while-pregnant

Mrs_Oaks
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Thank you! And congrats on being pregnant!

Quoting RADmomma:

ok I wasnt sure if you meant that or like nerve pain!!!

some of your crazy feeling is just being pregnant...happens to most people. but if you were on meds before and you feel like you need them... ask your OB if there is anything that is safe...

Until then just try to breath, relax and enjoy your growing belly!!! ( i know easier said than done... ) Try aromatherpy... warm baths, soak your feet.... small things like that make a world of difference sometimes!!

Quoting Mrs_Oaks:

Quoting RADmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)