Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

38 wks an baby has not dropped

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM
  • 21 Replies
Has anyone else delt with this my ob told me to be up on my feet as much as possible an walk well that's what i have been doin an she still high is there anything else i can do? I'm being induced in a week med issues.I'm going for a epi free birth so I'm trying to help things along any advice is very welcome an thank you in advice :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meggy88
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Do you have a yoga/birthing ball? Do hip circles and slight bouncing while watching TV. I have not done this myself, but I have heard it helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutiepie8611
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd has one of those big balls will that work or is that to small?

Quoting meggy88:

Do you have a yoga/birthing ball? Do hip circles and slight bouncing while watching TV. I have not done this myself, but I have heard it helps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preggars
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:06 PM
I feel your pain... I'm 40 weeks and baby is still high :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Mine never dropped till labor.

LoveOfWisdom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Some babies don't drop until labor, :) it's why I had a csection (broke my water when them shouldn't have and he had a prolapsed cord). I wouldn't worry too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:08 PM

It is not uncommon- especially for first babies- to not drop until after the water breaks. I walked my butt off for weeks before DS was born and he did not engage until about 30 minutes before he was born- after 56 hours of labor. I did not have stretch marks before he was born. He dropped so fast, I had them all along my lower abdomen after he was born! It caught me off guard! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Alexis.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Bump, because I'm 36 weeks and 5 days and the baby just dropped today, so I'm no help.
Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
meggy88
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I don't know. Wouldn't hurt to try :)

Quoting cutiepie8611:

My dd has one of those big balls will that work or is that to small?

Quoting meggy88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaleigh92805
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:21 PM
I'm trying the yoga ball as well.. I'm 36 weeks 5 days so I understand.. I've still got some time though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM
my son didnt drop until after my water broke. I was at a 1 the night before when they sent me home and a 0 when I went in the next morning a few hours after my water broke. He didnt fully drop until two hours before he was born
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)