Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just curious.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM
  • 11 Replies

So, ever since I told my parents how I'm pregnant, and I still live with them, they completely shut me out. It's not enough to say they've kicked me out several times and only took me back otherwise I'd be homeless, but now they have stopped talking to me, looking at me, feeding me, etc etc.

And I was wondering if anyone knew of or know how to find any housing programs for low-income mothers, possibly even an apartment or house/rent share with other mothers.

I would really appreciate any help.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Call your local department of human services and get info, or your health department. Someone should know who to contact.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoelWinters
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Brilliant idea, I thought about it, but totally forgot. Thanks. : )

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
def health and human services
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry!  Do you have a pregnancy resource center in your area?  If you google Pregnancy Resource Center and your zip code they have some great resources and offer tons of services and support. 

NoelWinters
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Thanks guys. : )

For health and human services it says on their website they provide support for women in their third trimester (I'm only 24 weeks) but I'm going to call, maybe I can at least start the process or hear what exactly kind of assistance they can offer. : )

The pregnancy resource center is also a great idea, thanks!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

The other ladies already gave the advice I would give. I just wanted to say good luck to you!

NoelWinters
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Thanks ladies, I really just want my daughter to be born into and grow up in a clean, healthy enviornment, which even if my parents were supportive, their house is covered in cat hair and dog piss. Hopefully after I'm not preggers anymore, I can find a better job than my lame one I've had. Haha.

doulala
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:42 PM

good luck

mem82
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)