• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a growing fetus

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:44 PM
  • 9 Replies
Can a ultrasound say im 15 weeks and a day but im really 14 weeks what im saying is can a fetus grow faster than what its sapposed to?
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kylersmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Yes baby can measure further along than what you are. Are you positive on when you concieved?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Yes, baby's have growth spurts.

Katie44
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:58 PM
yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenea884
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Yeah my first ultrasound said I concived august 9th had sex then but the next one said august 13th but I didnt have sex that day but I did on the 16th they gave 2 different due dates may 1st and may 5th
cjmarty
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Pregnancy starts when the sperm meets the ovum, and that doesn't happen until a few days following sex. So, it's hard to pin point exactly when you conceived because there isn't a red light that goes off on our foreheads indicating that his sperm ran into something... unfortunately. ;)

Quoting lenea884:

Yeah my first ultrasound said I concived august 9th had sex then but the next one said august 13th but I didnt have sex that day but I did on the 16th they gave 2 different due dates may 1st and may 5th

louzannalady
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Ultrasounds are incredibly inaccurate for gestation date (especially gestation after 12 weeks) and predicting birth weight. I would not worry about it, but would INSIST they go by the last date of my period, since it would more accurate than the u/s. This will give you more time at the end of your pregnancy to avoid unnecessary interventions. 

lenea884
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Ok thankyou
kris0921
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Yes baby can grow faster then what you are. The first ultrasound is the best at telling when you conceived and when you are due. I am always 3 days behind what my period says, at my first ultrasounds. Then by 3 or 4 months the baby is ahead of what my first one said.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)