• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anti depressants?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:11 PM
  • 12 Replies
Has anyone taken anti depressants during the third trimester? I have gad and depression anyways, but these past 5 months have been extremely rough and I have had so many things happen. I'm really thinking I may need to start medication soon or I'm going to really hit rock bottom. And I have a 2 year old to take care of also so I can't do that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purvislets
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I took Zoloft during my third trimester with ds. For me it was definitely the best decision because I was developing fairly severe pre partum depression. Talk to your doctor about it and they can give you some recommendations about what is best for you to take during the third trimester.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM

i didnt take any during the pregnancy (i also have gad and depression) and a few weeks after dd was born ppd set in so i started taking paxil. 

tararon
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM
My neice took prozac with all 3 of her kids and there fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiesmommy1109
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:53 PM
I normally take the generic paxil. I'm just really afraid that since my depression is becoming so bad right now that I will have really severe ppd after she is born in about 6 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:55 PM
talk with your dr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiesmommy1109
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM
At my last appointment he said we could start something whenever I wanted I just wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with this especially with all the warnings and etc of taking these pills

Quoting Autumn19:

talk with your dr

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM
if you need it you need it
you have to options sit and suffer or take the meds :)
but do whats right for you

Quoting addiesmommy1109:

At my last appointment he said we could start something whenever I wanted I just wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with this especially with all the warnings and etc of taking these pills

Quoting Autumn19:

talk with your dr

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3RingCircus2006
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I was on Celexa for a few years, and i loved it. I stopped taking it when i found out i was pregnant. That was the worst 4 weeks of my life! I'm 37 weeks now and haven't had too many problems without it. My doc did say i could get back on it during my 3rd trimester. But im scared the baby will have withdraws like i did.?? idk.:( But i am scared of PPD. So i will be on something right after hes born.But don't let yourself hit bottom. Its hard to get back up after that. Good Luck

Marimaru
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I took wellbutrin throughout my whole last pregnancy.  Isabelle is smart and snappy :).

addiesmommy1109
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Thanks everyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)