• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

watery pink discharge

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ive been having watery oderless discharge all day. Im 31.2 weeks. I ended up going into l&d for a NST for baby monday. I was 2 cm 50% effaced. I had been having burning while urinating and it ended up being a yeast infection. Can a yeast infection cause pink watery discharge? Im certain i dont have a uti and baby is moving as normal. I do have a lot of pressure but was told with this being my 5th baby that is expected this late in pregnancy. When calling the nurse line all i am told is to come in and be checked. I would if my df wasnt out of state with our only vehicle and I wasnt by myself with four other kids. Any idea whats going on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjmarty
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Not sure, but when in doubt, call your dr's office. :) Good luck, honey. :)

jackieb2811
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM

When that happened to me with my twins They said it was the onset of loosing my mucus plug. I hope for your baby and you sake that it isn't you are still early! I had mine at 34.4 weeks.

brittany.dcd
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Sounds like it could be your mucus plug, If it is, it can grow back since you're only 31 weeks. But I would talk to a doctor just to be on the safe side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Any intercourse lately?
   Or might be
vaginal exams too.

kennedysmom83
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:21 PM
A yeast infection could have irritated your skin enough to be "raw" like a diaper rash kind of. It is possible that it is just mixing with discharge. Being you have other signs (distillation and effacement) I would get checked though since it very well could be amniotic fluid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shedswife
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:32 AM
no sex in months and i thought about it being that i checked but it bring two days later wouldnt any irritation from that be brown discharge signifying old blood?

Quoting doulala:

Any intercourse lately?
   Or might be
vaginal exams too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shedswife
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:40 AM
i have no irritation from the yeast infection... its pretty much gone. TMI but i was overly curious and wiped well with a damp washcloth. then again with toilet paper and nothing. so i put some white sterile latex gloves on and inserted into my vagina slightly and it showed on the glove. making me believe its actually coming from my vagina and not.... umm cant think of the name but where urine exits.

Quoting kennedysmom83:

A yeast infection could have irritated your skin enough to be "raw" like a diaper rash kind of. It is possible that it is just mixing with discharge. Being you have other signs (distillation and effacement) I would get checked though since it very well could be amniotic fluid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kennedysmom83
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I would have it checked out... they just put it on a strip that tells them If it is amniotic fluid, easy peasy.
Quoting shedswife:

i have no irritation from the yeast infection... its pretty much gone. TMI but i was overly curious and wiped well with a damp washcloth. then again with toilet paper and nothing. so i put some white sterile latex gloves on and inserted into my vagina slightly and it showed on the glove. making me believe its actually coming from my vagina and not.... umm cant think of the name but where urine exits.

Quoting kennedysmom83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommylove.sl.ei
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM
At 22 weeks I had a yeast infection with pink watery discharge dr said it was normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM

This is my first thought too, but I would call as well. At 31w I wouldn't want to risk baby making an early arrival.

Quoting doulala:

Any intercourse lately?
   Or might be
vaginal exams too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)