• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newly pregnant and having regrets

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hi all~

I am pregnant for the first time and not responding well to the news.  My husband and I are in our thirities and finally decided to try for a baby, thinking it would take a while.  I got pregnant after the first try and now I am overwhelmed and terrified.  And feeling guilty about these feelings. I am crying several times a day and having small anxiety attacks (not full blown panic attacks).  I want to be really excited about the baby, but I am fairly miserable.  I just found out four days ago, does it get better?  Thanks for listening.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 PM
it will get better. It can take awhile for it to really sink in. By the time you 20w and halfway done youll be getting strong kicks and its going to give you such an amazing feeling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3RingCircus2006
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:04 PM

We have 2 kids. But i kinda felt the same way. I was happy, but then i would regret it and wonder if this was a good idea.And i wasn't too happy about it being a boy. And it makes me feel bad. I'm due in just a couple of weeks, and im still a little unsure. But there is no turning back. :) But i think you will be just fine. That rush of Hormones doesn't help anything either. lol

doulala
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Can you share more--   what is worrying you more specifically?

Firsttimemom17
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Thank you all.  I am worried that I will not be able to enjoy this experience (either pregnancy or parenting) because I am so anxious.  I am really disappointed and overwhelmed that I am having this reaction.  Thank you all for your comments.  It is nice to know that I am not alone.

Rose87
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
It gets easier. I promise. *hugs*

I've been, twice, with the same worries as you. I'm pregnant now and we were trying but yet again, the worries set in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firsttimemom17
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:32 AM

What helps you Rose?

Rose87
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Remembering that I was trying and wanted this child.

And remember the joyous parts of kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
braezmommy89
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM
To be honest... im 30 weeks with ds he is my 2nd biological and 7th total between df and I...

I am soooo excited to meet my baby boy and be a mommy again, im excited to give my df a son hes wanted for 14years+ im excited to watch this life i have created grow into an amazing human being and so much more!!!
BUT
Now that its getting close... my feelings are changing. Now im terrified, 2 kids full time? How will i handle it? Will he be colicy? Will my dd like him? Will she think i dont love her? I feel HORRIBLE that I have these feelings and i feel like a bad mother but i cant help it, im scared!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
craftysahm207
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I have felt ups and downs with all my children and they were all planned. This is our 4th child I am only 25. They are all under 4. I have these thoughts like Aww I'm so excited our family with be cute with this many children and blah blah and other times I'm like omg my life is so crazy. I have been pregnant since I was 20 and nursing for 38 months (I'm still nursing). I think some people just worry more then others and in different parts of pregnancy too. I know someone also in her 30's. They started trying being he wanted to. She got pregnant ASAP and with twins LOL. Life is so unpredictable with children. It's a crazy and fun ride that will never be the same as childless life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovefromwithin
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

It'll get better as time goes on. :) Promise. *hugs*

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)