Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

WIll you do anything to look pretty for the birth of your baby?

Posted by   + Show Post

Jessica Simpson Wants to Give Birth in a Beautiful Outfit & She Should

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on April 25, 2012 

leopard caftanPossible labor gown?Jessica Simpson, who FYI is still pregnant, had a dream. Not a dream about equality or civil rights or anything like that. She had a dream that she gave birth ... in a leopard caftan. And now she's determined to get her hands on one. She tweeted: "I just woke up from a dream that I wore a leopard caftan in the hospital. Fabulous!! Now I need to find one!”

At first, I sort of rolled my eyes at this notion, as giving birth in a leopard caftan sounds pretty asinine -- at least on paper. But the more I started thinking about it, the more I kind of got into the idea. I mean, why the hell not? I'm all for gettin' gussied up for the birth of your baby.

Now, would I wear a leopard caftan to the birth of my child? No. I personally would feel like an idiot in such a thing. I'll take the nasty, ugly hospital gown (since it's clearly going to get all sorts of fluids on it), thankyouverymuch. But I have made sure to take care of a few "beauty" things before my due date (which is in two days!), because, from what I hear, once you give birth, you don't have a heck of a lot of time to yourself. Also, who doesn't like feeling pretty?

A few weeks ago, I got my hair highlighted. I was way overdue to begin with, but I thought timing my appointment a little while before my due date was a good idea, since God knows when I'm going to have an extra three hours to make the trek into the city to get my hair did. Also, I realize that there will be pictures. Lots of pictures. And I know that when I look back, my glaring brown roots will annoy me.

I also got a pedicure. Now, I got a pedicure last week, and still there's no baby in sight, so, not sure it'll last 'til my delivery, but right now, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Especially since I'm not exactly feeling my most attractive right now.

What else? Oh, I bought a robe! Just a plain one from Target, but it'll be nice to slip into something cute (and new!) once the baby's born. I have a feeling it'll be some time before I'm yuckin' it up in stilettos and leather pants, so anything I can deem "cute" is welcome.

That's all. For now. Who knows what else I'll do while I wait for my baby? I've cleaned my house 700 times, and it's kind of getting old, so maybe another pedicure will be in order soon. Darn.

Did you do anything to look pretty for the birth of your baby?

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
wife2jeff
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I thought Jessica Simpson had her baby, a girl, named "Maxi"???

Anyway, I got up early and did my makeup for DD, because I hated how the pic after birth turned out with DS.  LOL

TTC2Long
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM
I had ds at 38 weeks so I wasn't as ready as I wanted to be. I had taken my toenail polish off the night before, intending to paint the next day, but I went into labor the next day. So I painted between birthing waves. LOL. What can I say? Cute feet are important to me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I make sure my toas are painted and if it's the middle of the night and I have time I'll take a shower, but that's it.

MissConrad
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:27 PM

That is really cute!!! LOL Me personally, I think I look horrible right now! Face swollen, body huge, ankels and legs bloated..I just don't feel attractive. So, I guess to be honest, my hair will be up and I will probably have no make-up on when the time comes. I'm not in a beauty pagent, and not too concerned of how I will look while I am in the most painful situation of my life. But the thought is cute. :) 

TTC2Long
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Oh, and I'm super sensitive to clothing brushing against my skin, so I wore the black maternity tank I had practically lived in towards the end of my pregnancy. I also wanted ds placed to my chest directly after coming out and didn't want to mess with fumbling with a hospital gown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Actingbaby
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I keep my toes nice all the time, I hate nasty looking feet lol. So I hope my toes look good and I have started making sure my legs are shaved everyday/every other day. With my last my water broke in the middle of the night and I had some hairy legs for his birth oops lol!

mem82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I always try to have everything shaved and my toe nails painted. LOL

MamaKrystal
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I plan to just get a mani/pedi since I can barely do my own toes right now, lol.  

CafeMom Tickers
staciababy
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Yeah, I'd love to pay a ton of money for a personalized gown just for it to be covered on blood and amniotic fluid. I do beleive a pedicaure and manicure will be in order, and if Ifeel like it, I'll shave, but other than that, I'm not too worried about it.

aplus6
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I usually have hubby do my toes and  my eyebrows for me but thats about it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)