Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Rude Doctor? Or not?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm not too thin nor too big, I'm that kind of person who likes to take of my body so I was working out so much before I got pregnant I must admit my stomach was not flat as I got 3 more other children, it was going down tho lol.

So I go in to the doctor visit for my second ultrasound and he couldn't see the baby that good and my stomach is popping out pretty good at 14wks (so he says) and I he wasn't going to give me a picture i don't know y.so I asked him if I can have a picture to put in my scrapbook and he looks me fraustrated and says well ill try it's kind off hard to see the baby and he had the guts to say that I'm pretty big!!!! He said that the more skinnier u r the better the ultrasound pictures will come out! And the bigger u r the worse they are! And it was embarrassing to me cuz I had my husband was in the room with me! And he had other nurses in the room everybody heads just turned to me (execpt my husbands :)) so I thought in my head why in heck is everybody looking at me????

I honestly started crying when I got home, I started telling my husband that we should off waited until I loss my stomach a bit more!

For those that don't know my whole story my husband and I tried for a baby for 4yrssss! :( so it was really depressing to hear something like that after trying for so long...

So do you think I should just get another doctor?
He hasnt said nothing! To me about my pregnancy or anything the first visit I got a urine sample, ultrasound that's it! On my second I got blood work, urine sample, pap smear, and ultrasound, and again he didn't tell me much about my pregnancy so I'm starting to think twice about this doctor, and he says I'll get an ultrasound every month? Is that even right to do??? Ugh so confused and fraustrated idk what to do anymore

Well thank u ladies in advance :) its always good to receive advise from other females :)
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
Marimaru
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Find somebody else.  You don't need an ultrasound every month and you don't need someone rude like that.  I was 255 lbs at the beginning of my first pregnancy and the ultrasound technicians never had ANY trouble finding my baby.  I started this pregnancy weighing less, but not a whole lot less, but again, no trouble.

FallenW0lf
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Aww all u ladies made me feel great! :D I thank u all :)
KatieGirls2
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry I am very very overweight and they never had trouble getting me good pictures, that doc was a jerk. Glad you are switching...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjhelgeson
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM
yeah screw that! My doctor said the same thing to me an im changing.you need to be happy an comfortable with a doctor thats looking at your lady parts on the daily and looking after your unborn child. SWITCH
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snapdragon88
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I'm sorry... he was being insensitive. My doctor is so sweet and amazing AND he's a man. So your doctor has no excuse for being an ass. Being pregnant is wonderful but not easy and our hormones make it even harder... and as an OBGYN he should know that and act accordingly. 

cheyannsmommy
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Yes, i'd switch. I love my doctor, he's an older man (60's) but very laid back and down to earth. I am a big girl and not once has he ever mentioned anything about my weight or not being able to see my baby because of it. Two weeks ago, I met with one of his associates for my prenatal appointment. He started lecturing me about my weight before he even looked at my chart. I asked how much weight I had gained, he looked at my chart and saw I was still down two pounds from my pre pregnancy weight at 27 weeks. He didn't even apologize. Instead, he tried telling me I didn't need to gain any weight for the rest of my pregnant because "i'm so big to begin with." I had the nurse put it in my chart not to make any appointments with him ever again. 

Bitemebetty
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:42 AM
I am a big girk and I have great u/s pictures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleMomma82
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Yeah, he was quite insensitive.  You don't need that kind of stress!  I'd switch too...

whitepaw7
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM

definitely insensitive and rude, sound like an excuse for his incompentance! I would switch too! I am good sized also esp on my 8th baby, I have never had trouble with them seeing baby. Also you need to have someone you are comfortable with through both the pregnancy and delivery, if he can't be kind and let you know what's going on then you want someone different! And unless there is a reason for it, you don't need an us every month, most only have one unless they are high risk, like for blood pressure or the like. Research your options in your area, my best experiences were with CNM (at a hospital), the doc can make a huge difference in your entire experience and safety(u and baby), it's better to even travel a bit further than deal with someone who is rude and uncaring and disrespectful. Look for someone else, they can request your records and results to be transferred and explain them sp if you don't want to see him again, I wouldn't either. 

2littledaisies
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM

IMO that Dr sounds rude as hell! I'd be looking for a new one honestly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)