Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Rude Doctor? Or not?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm not too thin nor too big, I'm that kind of person who likes to take of my body so I was working out so much before I got pregnant I must admit my stomach was not flat as I got 3 more other children, it was going down tho lol.

So I go in to the doctor visit for my second ultrasound and he couldn't see the baby that good and my stomach is popping out pretty good at 14wks (so he says) and I he wasn't going to give me a picture i don't know y.so I asked him if I can have a picture to put in my scrapbook and he looks me fraustrated and says well ill try it's kind off hard to see the baby and he had the guts to say that I'm pretty big!!!! He said that the more skinnier u r the better the ultrasound pictures will come out! And the bigger u r the worse they are! And it was embarrassing to me cuz I had my husband was in the room with me! And he had other nurses in the room everybody heads just turned to me (execpt my husbands :)) so I thought in my head why in heck is everybody looking at me????

I honestly started crying when I got home, I started telling my husband that we should off waited until I loss my stomach a bit more!

For those that don't know my whole story my husband and I tried for a baby for 4yrssss! :( so it was really depressing to hear something like that after trying for so long...

So do you think I should just get another doctor?
He hasnt said nothing! To me about my pregnancy or anything the first visit I got a urine sample, ultrasound that's it! On my second I got blood work, urine sample, pap smear, and ultrasound, and again he didn't tell me much about my pregnancy so I'm starting to think twice about this doctor, and he says I'll get an ultrasound every month? Is that even right to do??? Ugh so confused and fraustrated idk what to do anymore

Well thank u ladies in advance :) its always good to receive advise from other females :)
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
Desirae1394
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:21 PM

No way would I stay with him. :( I'm sorry you were treated like that.

wifeyladie
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I'd switch and in a hurry. I didn't read all of the replies so I don't know if someone has already said this, but you don't have to wait until you get the results from that dr to switch. You can call any dr that you would like to see and make an appointment. Then you will need to sign a records release form. They will then fax the paper over to the dr that has your records and get from them what they need (bloodwork results, ultrasound info, chart notes, etc). If you wish to not have to deal with that office again, you may do so. I've had to do it for a drs office in the past. It was so easy. You deserve to find a dr that is professional, makes you feel good going there, and listens to your concerns and addresses them. Good luck mama!!

cleary
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:44 AM

pregnant bellyi will go into labor in june i will be having twins moms rockmoms rock

and if you wanna know my age i am 15

DamiensMommy1
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:45 AM
I would switch! I'm a sz 14 and NEVER had any problems seeing or hearing baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eve-marie
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Ultrasound pictures are clear if your bladder is full. They tell you to drink 6 glasses of water an hour before the appointment. Your husband ought to go to your next appointment and pull Dr. Insensitive aside and let him know he hurt your feelings. Maybe he isn't aware you were so upset and it would help him curb his comments, to you and everyone else. My doc upset me once or twice but he was a good doc otherwise so I just bristled for a week or so and went back. If he makes you feel too bad even after the pointers then go ahead and switch. Good luck, momma.
tyheamma
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM

If your doctor is willing to disrespect you that much now, imagine when you have concerns about your baby or are laboring. I say get a new doctor.

And for what it's worth, I was 225 when I got pregnant with DD2. I always got pictures from each sonogram.

Sorry your doctor was rude. Enjoy that sweet baby growing inside of you and forget that jerk.

mylilprincesses
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM

woah! VERY RUDE! i would have told him a thing or two if my doctor said that to me. how far along are you? cause changing doctors so far into your pregnant some may not take you.

CubsFan1
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:43 AM
I definitely would switch. I know I'm a bigger girl but I still wouldn't take that. Your doctor should be supportive no matter what. It's not like you can start losing weight now so he should have just kept his thoughts to himself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Sounds like my doc. I was expressing to him during my last pregnancy that I was 20 wks and still losing weight and he was like "that's okay, i'm not worried, you were fat to begin with" and I was like "yeah, we could both stand to exercise, huh?!?" Ugh! It wasn't even like I was majorly obese or anything. I'm taller than most women and I was a size 14, not a 44 or something!

achorney
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I would get another doctor, honestly.

My friend had a baby couple years ago. She's a hefty girl, and her doctor told her (around month 7 or so) that it was time to schedule her cesarean. She said she was considering trying VBAC this time, since her pregnancy had gone so complication free...

And the doctor told her, in no uncertain terms, you're fat. If you want your baby to die in childbirth, feel free to VBAC, otherwise, schedule a c-section.

I'm sorry you went through that, truly I am. Some people truly don't have the required compassion to be in health care. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)